Bronco hauler pics

Broncohauler

Sorry a lot of pictures. We use the truck in many different configurations depending on what we're doing.

Primarily the bronco goes in the back of the Toy hauler and my wife's Rhino on the bed of the truck.

We're looking into having a motorhome body built on this truck ,and a stacker trailer for the rhino and bronco.

Very hard to tear apart the completed truck. but it's been mentioned in other threads I have too much history with this truck over the last 1.5 million miles to let it go.

But $$$$ talks you never know.

Bronc,

+1,500,000 and it looks that good.........I say report back at 3,000,000..........Looks better than new from where I stand........

"Grumps" had several multi-zillion mile KW's and a Autocar and folks would ask how many more miles have you got on the truck now........"Grumps" would grin and say........"oh don't worry about the miles on the truck.......it's the miles on the driver I worry about......."

Drive on........(Miles and......smiles)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Charlie nice set up. Using it for multiple configurations makes the truck more useful. Like the color scheme.

2011 CAN-AM Spyder Rt SE5, 2010 Alpine 5th wheel, 1998 Vovlo VNL610

Hopefully 2 years 6 month till full time retirement.

Hi Bronc,

Thank you for posting the pictures. You have one beautiful looking rig ! I have one question for you. Where do you store your ramps at ? On the truck or in the trailer ?

Good looking set-up,

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Bronc,

+1,500,000 and it looks that good.........I say report back at 3,000,000..........Looks better than new from where I stand........

"Grumps" had several multi-zillion mile KW's and a Autocar and folks would ask how many more miles have you got on the truck now........"Grumps" would grin and say........"oh don't worry about the miles on the truck.......it's the miles on the driver I worry about......."

Drive on........(Miles and......smiles)

Thanks Dolly and your correct about miles on the driver.

I'm off work for the next four weeks with a hernia repair.

Some point I've got two bad knees and a rotator cup I need fixed from over 3 .5 million miles of driving.

Hopefully I can keep working another five years at least hoping for 11 more.

Hi Bronc,

Thank you for posting the pictures. You have one beautiful looking rig ! I have one question for you. Where do you store your ramps at ? On the truck or in the trailer ?

Good looking set-up,

Al

Thank you Allen and hopefully some day we can get our Broncos out together.

IMG_0209_zps2a1f7fab.jpg

The lower Storage box is for the ramps, if you look close you can see the ramps from the rear I left it open with 1 1/2 framing they slide in on a Angle iron frame with 2 x 2 supports in the center. I left it open since the truck does go off road for camping I have the ability to slide the ramps out to keep me from getting stuck If the tail needs to slide over a low area.

I have had the truck stuck one time in 9 years, but the tail never came close to hanging me up.

Hi Bronc,

Thank you for posting the picture showing the box that you use for storing your ramps. I will keep this idea in mind. I am in the planning and building stage of my truck bed. I hope next year to make it out west to do some off-roading with my RZR.

Hope some day to see you on the trail,

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

As far as I'm concerned you have the perfect set-up. I have a Jeep that I would like to haul on a custom bed as well. Would you be able to tell me the following measurements?

- Length of the deck

- Distance between headache rack and trailer pin

- Total length of camper

- Total length with camper trailer

I have always thought that I would need to get a cabover to be able to haul the Jeep and tow a sizeable camper, but your entire set-up looks ideal.

As far as I'm concerned you have the perfect set-up. I have a Jeep that I would like to haul on a custom bed as well. Would you be able to tell me the following measurements?

- Length of the deck

- Distance between headache rack and trailer pin

- Total length of camper

- Total length with camper trailer

I have always thought that I would need to get a cabover to be able to haul the Jeep and tow a sizeable camper, but your entire set-up looks ideal.

deck length 13'

headache rack to pin 12'

headache rack to top of dove tail 10' 5''

bed width 98''

truck overall 26' 5''

truck wheel base 200''

truck and trailer (37'trailer)64'

The bed has removable siderails that fit into receiver sockets with pins.

The center section is 3/16 aluminum diamond plate that is removable.

due it again i would put a extra water tank in the center that could also be removed.

I've done brakes and replaced all 4-airbags without a need to remove the center section,

but still like to have the ability to if need be. I also like the looks of it better.

Charlie

deck length 13'

headache rack to pin 12'

headache rack to top of dove tail 10' 5''

bed width 98''

truck overall 26' 5''

truck wheel base 200''

truck and trailer (37'trailer)64'

The bed has removable siderails that fit into receiver sockets with pins.

The center section is 3/16 aluminum diamond plate that is removable.

due it again i would put a extra water tank in the center that could also be removed.

I've done brakes and replaced all 4-airbags without a need to remove the center section,

but still like to have the ability to if need be. I also like the looks of it better.

Charlie

Thanks Charlie

Looking over your pics again and I guess there's no option to haul the Bronco and tow the 5-er at the same time. My Jeep is not street legal so I like the idea of having it on the deck because I can leave the trailer behind at camp and haul the Jeep to trailhead. I'm going to need a longer deck than 12ft to make this happen.

Thanks Charlie

Looking over your pics again and I guess there's no option to haul the Bronco and tow the 5-er at the same time. My Jeep is not street legal so I like the idea of having it on the deck because I can leave the trailer behind at camp and haul the Jeep to trailhead. I'm going to need a longer deck than 12ft to make this happen.

Nope won't work I'm afraid.

Could you switch to a bumper pull travel trailer some a pretty nice these days?

Never say never. The possible personalization of these trucks is almost boundless. Bluenoser.

Bluenoser had a Beautiful truck but it was WAY over length as I recall.

I feel we should all try to stay close to the 65' laws to help show the law enforcement that we are trying to do things better and safer not push it and draw any negative unwanted attention towards all of us.

I know lots of guys have and do but its my opinion sorry?

Bluenoser had a Beautiful truck but it was WAY over length as I recall.

I feel we should all try to stay close to the 65' laws to help show the law enforcement that we are trying to do things better and safer not push it and draw any negative unwanted attention towards all of us.

I know lots of guys have and do but its my opinion sorry

Agreed. Was only using Jay's truck as an example of the extreme end of customizing.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Did Jay ever sell the truck?

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Archived