The day I brought her home.

forxlr8n

Dont paint it, coat it with bedliner. I just did a LoadNGo with some liner material that I got from a company I've used in the past. Love it. And their product comes in colors. Easy to apply but takes some real TLC to mask properly to avoid overspray. The stuff sticks very well, so any overspray will be something you'll have to deal with. I will be spraying the front and rear caps on my Newmar 5er instead of repairing the burned clear coat.

I do like the bumper alot.

Marcel

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I would paint the exterior of the bed the same as the cab. That is a sharp looking Binder.

Steve

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

Ok paint is done what are your plans for interior . Are putting in updated seats 50 in tv ??? Give us a clue really like the gray. Name of the truck??? if you are so inclined to name your toys.

2011 CAN-AM Spyder Rt SE5, 2010 Alpine 5th wheel, 1998 Vovlo VNL610

Hopefully 2 years 6 month till full time retirement.

I've been telling my wife that I was going to put MEGASAURUS REX on the front bumper. My wife is not happy and not laughing

Brutus sounds good to me.

My son said just call it "Big Rig"

I liked the rubber coin floor. I also have 4 new air ride seats. Taking it to have headliner , door panels, center console done. I have a Norcold refrig for inside too.

I have added the A/C system from another truck already.

inside%20truck.jpg

"If you can not measure it, you can not improve it."

Lord Kelvin

covers? I drove the truck home one night from NC and the head lights looked like candles. I plan on using them to help see at night. Not all 4 at one time but to add to visibility for the driver. The bumper mounted lights are flush mount also. I don't know of any style covers that would work. I have installed new headlights and fixed the high beams ( body builder had cut them to add in some others and they had been removed before I bought the truck.)

"If you can not measure it, you can not improve it."

Lord Kelvin

• 2 weeks later...

What year is that truck? What engine does it have and the trans? Be sure to keep all stickers off the trailer and truck. Or DOT will be spanking you hard for not being Commercial. Same as the lights on the bumper, let a cop catch you with those on the Hwy's and its a ticket. Or if its CA they will be nice and bust them out for you.

Nice looking color you choose and going to be a nice truck for sure.

Pete

event.png

Your auxillary lightling looks fine. Trust me I know, spent my career in Law Enforcement enforcing traffic laws..........and contrary to the above post no we never busted any unapproved lighting out LOL. You will need to dim them when you meet oncoming traffic. If there are any light(s) mounted above the headlight (for example on a roll bar) then yes it is illegal to have them illuminated on any highway and they have to be covered. Most people don't know that they are required to dim their OEM fog lights when meeting oncoming traffic. Problem with these is they are wired into the DIM side of the lights and most dont even realize they are on. Stopped people constantly for this.

• 2 weeks later...

It's just rattle can for now semi black. I'm going to powdercoat them later.

I like the look and it fits your scheme. I am looking into doing some PlastiDip on my wheels and the lower portion of my 4700. It is all white with some blue and pink stripes and some pink swans. I think it was a Stalick thing, but it sure ISNT MY THING. So, working on finding some dark colors to do the lower part including the wheels and then a band above it in a contrasting color. I intend on doing the darker lower part color on the 5er and then the contrasting color will be used to provide a repair on the burned clear coat on the front and rear caps of the 5er. I was considering bed liner, but its more expensive and will finish like bedliner, which I would rather have a smoother texture, if I can. Plus the PlastiDip can be washed and if I ever change my mind on color, it can be peeled off and redone or change color. I've painted cars in the past, so I can run a gun but not interested in repairing with car paint which will need waxing etc to maintain it. PlastiDip is much simpler.

And all this just so that I can get rid of the pink swans!!!! Maybe I should get used to them.

Marcel

I like the look and it fits your scheme. I am looking into doing some PlastiDip on my wheels and the lower portion of my 4700. It is all white with some blue and pink stripes and some pink swans. I think it was a Stalick thing, but it sure ISNT MY THING. So, working on finding some dark colors to do the lower part including the wheels and then a band above it in a contrasting color. I intend on doing the darker lower part color on the 5er and then the contrasting color will be used to provide a repair on the burned clear coat on the front and rear caps of the 5er. I was considering bed liner, but its more expensive and will finish like bedliner, which I would rather have a smoother texture, if I can. Plus the PlastiDip can be washed and if I ever change my mind on color, it can be peeled off and redone or change color. I've painted cars in the past, so I can run a gun but not interested in repairing with car paint which will need waxing etc to maintain it. PlastiDip is much simpler.

And all this just so that I can get rid of the pink swans!!!! Maybe I should get used to them.

I used this- http://duplicolor.com/product/custom-wrap-automotive-removable-paint on the lower fairings and the front bumper / lower valance. Instructions say to remove it before 6 months is up or it "can" become permanent. When I fixed a bunch of cracks and broken areas around the steps, I realized there was 2 or 3 previous repairs in the same areas that didn't hold. So by the time I finished fiberglassing, fairing, priming everything, the lower fairings were 4-5 different colors. I had wanted to get everything Rhino-lined but couldn't find a shop that could fit the truck in. So I used the Dupli-Color to make everything 1 color again.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

I used this- http://duplicolor.com/product/custom-wrap-automotive-removable-paint on the lower fairings and the front bumper / lower valance. Instructions say to remove it before 6 months is up or it "can" become permanent. When I fixed a bunch of cracks and broken areas around the steps, I realized there was 2 or 3 previous repairs in the same areas that didn't hold. So by the time I finished fiberglassing, fairing, priming everything, the lower fairings were 4-5 different colors. I had wanted to get everything Rhino-lined but couldn't find a shop that could fit the truck in. So I used the Dupli-Color to make everything 1 color again.

Thanks for relaying that. What is the finished texture? What was the cost per gallon? How did you apply it? How has it held up? Any helpful tips?

Marcel

Archived