Which Wingard satellite to buy for a Dish user

I have a VIP722k DVR and have been using a manual satellite dish and want to move to a portable satellite dish. Since I record 2 programs at once I am wondering if anybody has had success with a PathwayX2 automatic dish?

Terry and Lindsey

and our Border Collie Daisy Mae

2008 Select Suites 36 TK3

2015 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab DRW

Fulltimers since May 20, 2015

Any ground dome has only one LNBF so you can record two programs at once if they are on the same satellite.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

I have a VIP722k DVR and have been using a manual satellite dish and want to move to a portable satellite dish. Since I record 2 programs at once I am wondering if anybody has had success with a PathwayX2 automatic dish?

I don't believe that the X2 will work with a 722K. The X2, like the Tailgater products, requires the mobile dish software which only comes on 211 and 411 receivers.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

I love my Winegard Traveler I mounted on the roof of our RV. We have the 722 DVR we take from our sticks & bricks when we travel.

BTW we are currently in Fairbanks, Alaska and are still getting good satellite reception. Also a couple of days ago we were about 150 miles N of here on the Dalton Hwy, almost to the arctic circle and were still able to get reception. I did change my local channels to Fairbanks, AK.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

yep, love our Winegard Travler. Use it with a 622 from the S&B which allows us to record any 2 channels at the same time while watching a previously recorded show, Works great. We have had very little trouble with blockage from trees in the 5 years we've been using it.

Dave

I checked out many portable dishes over the past month looking for a carry-out automatic dish and found NONE that allow you to watch two satellites at once. The choice appears to be between a carry-out manually aimed dish or an automatic rooftop mount.

Paul (KE5LXU), former fulltimer, now sometimer...

'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40E

'05 Honda Odyssey

Escapees, FMCA, WIT, SMART

http://www.pjrider.com

Or a ground tripod DPP 1000.2 dish. With some good tools, it doesn't take that long to setup and you have all three (WA) satellites or both (EA) satellites.

Tools and good tool same price as a TailGater with a lot more functionality.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

The OP has already been using a manual setup and wants to go portable. So, Travelers and tripods don't address his problem.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

The OP has already been using a manual setup and wants to go portable. So, Travelers and tripods don't address his problem.

The OP stated that the ability to record 2 programs at one time is important. The only way he will be able to do this is either with a Trav'ler or a tripod mounted 3-LNB dish. Portable systems won't provide what he says he wants.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

The OP stated that the ability to record 2 programs at one time is important. The only way he will be able to do this is either with a Trav'ler or a tripod mounted 3-LNB dish. Portable systems won't provide what he says he wants.

Yes, I believe that was answered in post #2.

Or a ground tripod DPP 1000.2 dish. With some good tools, it doesn't take that long to setup and you have all three (WA) satellites or both (EA) satellites.

Tools and good tool same price as a TailGater with a lot more functionality.

May I ask what tools you are speaking of? I set my 1000.2 up using my smart phone only and can record up to 16 channels at once with a Hopper 3.

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010

2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW Lariat Crew Cab

2012 Montana 3585SA

And as many here have pointed out, portables won't address his problem either. So he was being given several relevant opinions and ideas....which does address his question and possibly the questions that other readers might have but haven't asked.

Also, this is a CONVERSATION. Please direct me to where it says you are the person in charge of mandating and controlling the direction of this (or any) conversation. As has already been pointed out to you, the one sided opinion of yours does not completely encompass the OP's concerns either. It seems YOU are displeased in the direction the thread was progressing, but from my point of view your initial post was the least relevant to the entire thread.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

And as many here have pointed out, portables won't address his problem either. So he was being given several relevant opinions and ideas....which does address his question and possibly the questions that other readers might have but haven't asked.

Also, this is a CONVERSATION. Please direct me to where it says you are the person in charge of mandating and controlling the direction of this (or any) conversation. As has already been pointed out to you, the one sided opinion of yours does not completely encompass the OP's concerns either. It seems YOU are displeased in the direction the thread was progressing, but from my point of view your initial post was the least relevant to the entire thread.

Not displeased at all. Just expressing my opinion, like you and everyone else. My initial post was a direct response to the OP's original question about getting an X2 for his 722.

Sorry, I failed your standards. :)

Since I record 2 programs at once I am wondering if anybody has had success with a PathwayX2 automatic dish?

As others have pointed out, there is NO dome, including the Pathway X2, that can *see* more than one satellite at a time. Therefore, you will not be able to watch one program while recording another (or record two programs at the same time), unless both of those programs are on the same satellite.

In order to do what you want, you will need an open-faced, multiple LNB dish...either a ground-mounted dish on a tripod (or other mount), or an automatic roof-mounted dish such as the Winegard Trav'ler.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Not displeased at all. Just expressing my opinion, like you and everyone else. My initial post was a direct response to the OP's original question about getting an X2 for his 722.

Sorry, I failed your standards. :)

My mistake, it was your second post that was totally irrelevant to the OP's question as you fussed at others for?

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

I have a Pathway X2. It only works with a 211Z or 211K. You can plug in an external hard drive as long as the hard drive has a external power supply. You CAN watch one program while recording another as long as the program you are watching was previously recorded. You can NOT record two programs at the same time. The X2 does have two coax outputs so theoreticaly you could hook up two receivers each with a external hard drive and record two different programs at the same time BUT they MUST be on the same sat.

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Archived