IH 4700 EGT & Boost gages?

rpsinc

Any of you that have or have had an IH 4700LP, can you give some direction on adding a gage package with EGT & Boost? Where to tap it in, where to mount the gages, what manufacturer did you buy from? And any other tidbits that I may need. I have a Stalick 2001 with a 530.

I love this forum. It is so fulfilling to give and get information from tried sources.

Marcel

Marcel

It has been too long since I had my Stallick but I think there is a fitting on either the exhaust manifold or the turbo mount for the EGT sensor. I don't recall seeing a spot for the boost hookup.

Why are you considering adding them?

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

I used this one.....

http://www.amazon.com/MaxTow-1500-Pyrometer-EGT-Gauge/dp/B0095YDMMU?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

The EGT probe can be attached via a clamp to the outside of the exhaust manifold so no drilling required.

I was able to use an exsisting area in my dash for the placement of the gauge.

This is a "universal type" install and should work on any type/make of diesel engine.

I also used this for my boost gauge...

http://www.amazon.com/MaxTow-60-PSI-Boost-Gauge/dp/B0095ZDFH6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

It has an electrical "sensor" and you will need a place to "tap" into to get your boost.

If you prefer you can also order this gauge with a "capillary" (hose) style sensor.

Can the Scan Guage D be used instead of 2 individual guages and then provide additional functionality??

If so, then that sounds like a better deal. Looks like it can also do MPG. A nice to have.

Yes it can.....EGT is the only thing most trucks can't display! You also have to verify you have the 6-pin or 9- pin test connector somewhere in the cab.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the scan gauge easy to hook up or do you need to go to a garage and have them do it ? There are a lot of versions..is there a "best" ?

Very easy to hook up provided you have the correct "test port" to connect to.

What type of vehicle do you have? That will determine the "type" of ScanGauge to use.

Well the I suppose the only one that will work for you is the ScanGaugeD. I would double check with the folks at ScanGauge first before making a purchase. Have them verify what parameters you could expect to see with that truck and engine combo.

Well the I suppose the only one that will work for you is the ScanGaugeD. I would double check with the folks at ScanGauge first before making a purchase. Have them verify what parameters you could expect to see with that truck and engine combo.

Thanx !

. Arctic Fox 29-5T

. Beagle co-pilots - Faffy and Lulu

very simple, Grassy look under your dash just forward of the steering column, it will be a round cover, unscrew it and count the pins, 6 I think, plug in the supplied cord, and plug in the cat5 connector to the scan gauge, your done now start playing with it while your engine is running, I keep the trans temp, water temp ( yes I have gauges that work ) avg MPG and volts ( yes I have a gauge for that too ), remember your computer is sending a digital signal and converting that for an analog gauge in the dash, so I like to see the difference, and there is about a 10% plus or minus, granted the silver leaf looks super space age, but needs a tablet or something to display it, I don't have room on my dash for a lap top, or the working knowledge to make that thing work without someone doing it for me, I have gray hair, so that puts my pass the electronic age

Archived