Water filter for drinking water only?

1 hour ago, whj469 said:

We have a filter on incoming water and a filter in the refrigerator for the ice and water on front of refrigerator. We do drink the water but I prefer bottled water or water from one of my deep wells that we take with us but when we spend the summer in the UP of MI we drink the water from the RV park. It is well water from a well near Lake Huron, also good water. When someone told me that some of those water tanks were made in China I really didn't want to drink water from the tanks.

You'd better check out where the bottled water bottles come from, also.  I don't know but doesn't everything come from China? :)

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have the blue water filter then the hose. Goes through a regulator then is filtered again before the water goes through the house. All drinking and cooking water also goes through a Berkey gravity water system. It works AWESOME!! this way we are not creating a lot of waste in plastic bottles by buying bottled water. 

https://www.berkeyfilters.com/

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Berkey water filters provide the ultimate in waterborne contamination removal. They are used worldwide to set the international standard for water filters used in clean or hostile filtration environments. Owning a Berkey Water Filter gives you the ability to utilize almost any outside natural water source and transform it into the best tasting, purest drinking water possible. All while using a natural method without the use of chemicals or complicated processes. The Berkey water filter system is so powerful it is classified as a purifier. This classification shows that we far exceed the abilities of the standard water filter. The portable Berkey can be used to filter non-potable or unhealthy water in situations where electricity and pressure are not available. For normal everyday water from your faucet or for challenging environments like wells, rivers, and lakes, Berkey is the most flexible and adaptable filtering system available. Berkey water costs just 1.7 cents per gallon to produce. The cleanable Black Berkeyreplacement filters provide an economical, reliable and powerful long-term solution to poor water quality issues that cannot be equaled. Our most popular model, the Big Berkey has a long-standing reputation for quality and service. This reputation is the reason we are trusted around the world by numerous international relief organizations to provide clean emergency drinking water to workers and citizens during times of crisis or natural disaster.

The Berkey Water Filter System is Revolutionary

Through diligent testing and research, we have proven that Berkey water filters remove viruses to purification standards, pathogenic bacteria, cysts and parasites to undetectable levels, and harmful or unwanted chemicals to below detectable levels. Until these test results were made public, words like non-detectable were seldom if ever used to describe the abilities of a water filter to remove harmful pollutants. The filters in the Berkey system not only took the industry by storm with these unheard of benefits but also added the ability to reduce toxic heavy metals such as lead and mercury without removing the beneficial and nutritional minerals needed to support a healthy body and mind. Review and compare the ability of the unique Berkey Water Filter to Brita, Aquasana, Pur, Katadyn or bottled water and see for yourself what we have to offer and why we dominate the portable water filter industry.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

9 minutes ago, whj469 said:

I sure hope that the bottled water doesn't come from China! Some come from a Swiss Company but I have not seen any from China, yet.

😁  I meant the 'bottles'; not the water, heaven forbid!!

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

• 1 year later...

We sanitize the water system spring and fall, before traveling.  I use an Excelpure RV filter attached at the entry point to the RV (not at the spigot before the hose.  This is a relatively low cost filter that makes most water palatable.  For drinking water I have a Zero Water pitcher.  It only holds six cups at a time but it fits in the door of the RV refrigerator quite nicely.  Water quality is excellent.  There is a tester included with the Zero Water for determining when to change filters - when dissolved solids exceed 6 ppm.  I fill the ZW 6-7 times per day.  If you keep it in the refrigerator a filter lasts about a month.  Filter costs have gone way up this year.  I buy the 12-pack from Walmart for $180.00 to keep costs down.

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

• 2 months later...
On 5/15/2016 at 6:28 PM, Scoobydo Too said:

We often "dry camp" at a camp ground that has electricity but no water at the sites. We fill the water at the campground and the water is not the best. We use a ton of water bottles for anything we consume but it is expensive and a pain to manage. I think I can put a water filter on the cold water going to kitchen faucet.

Two questions:
1) Is that a good idea?
2) Any recomendations for filter?

Thanks in advance.

I tried several times this for my boat when I was on sea. You can definitely apply that.