HDT Insurance questions

ms60ocb

Is that full coverage? I am paying 1082.00

Evidently, they have already heard of you in Texas :rolleyes:

Sometimes you just need to change insurance companies in order to get your cost back to where it should be. You might even be able to go back to your current carrier in a few years for a lot less than you are paying now.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

• 2 weeks later...

As I mentioned earlier I went with Blue Sky as I received answers to my questions in line with other policies I have had.

Liability is about $250 for $500,000/$10,000/$20000 per year. Comprehensive and Collision which is based on value was little higher pushing the total higher but I felt Blue Sky crossed all the T's and dotted all the i's

So many things go in price, age, married or not, Location, Location, driving record and equipment. I will pay the price to be sure I'm not like the little girl in the Liberty Insurance commercials asking you would have thought that was covered .

Clay

2016 MS 38PS3

2015 Freightliner M2 106

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

I finally had my first claim with Blue Sky after about four years of being with them. It wasn't a huge claim, but I had to replace the large rear window in our fiver that was broken out going down the highway (probably by a rock) on our long summer trip. I called to make the claim. They asked for copies of my receipts for the work and custom replacement glass, as well as the temporary plexiglass replacement we got on the road. They accepted everything immediately and I had a check for the full amount, less my deductible a few days later. n was very happy with their service.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

• 5 months later...

There is an inherent problem with people saying who they are insured with and how much they pay. There are many issues with insurers and rates starting with the state you are in and whether you have a separate vehicle.

This is all covered in the HHRV Resource Guide Insurance for HDT. It is relevant to HDT and MDTs.

Just seen this. At the time ours was my daily driver. As I sold my Pickup and was driving the Kodiak full time. Now I did buy an old 4x4 to pull the boat with. But Have never been asked if I still use it as my only mode of transportation.

Can't believe I did not add our State to that post. I guess I need to read it before posting. And make sure everything is there. As your right. From state to state it can and does effect the price.

Pete

event.png

Archived