Niagara Falls CG in Canada

SWharton

We are planning to be in the Niagara area in early Oct and would like a campground where we can take a bus to the falls, but at a reasonable price. Worst case is we will need to drive in each day which is not a show stopper but we have no knowledge of the parking situation. We will be in a 36' MH.

Many decades ago we stayed at a Provincial Park along the river and drove in. I don't recall parking was a problem but that was a long time ago.

Thanks.

I guess our standards are different. Looking at cgs near Niagara they are around $40 a night. That is a whole lot more reasonable than cgs we stayed in FL this Sept. Even state parks were $38/night, commercial were $65+. Houston was $50/night. I think $40 is a bargain for a tourist area.

• 4 weeks later...

Campark on Lundys Lane has a bus stop right at the park entrance. It isn't cheap, but is less expensive than some of the others. We have stayed there several times as we have family in the area (but city won't allow rv parking in driveways except on weekends).

Are you traveling with a toad?

We went last year and stayed at the KOA just downstream in Lewistown. There is a parkway with very little traffic that ends right at by Niagara Falls and the Rainbow Bridge across to Canada. Parking was a brief annoyance, but nothing insurmountable.

Another campground worth considering is the Riverside Motel & Campground on the Niagara River fairly close to the falls. I've stayed there for a couple of weekends - nice people, small & laid back, clean bathrooms, and a miniature golf course & fishing dock.

150150.jpg.30f49e1e712c4af11a1e8f523a24f5d1.jpg

Travel photos RV Blogs Journals & Travelogues at:
http://www.lakeshoreimages.com
My Travel Blog - Jon's Journeys

Another campground worth considering is the Riverside Motel & Campground on the Niagara River fairly close to the falls. I've stayed there for a couple of weekends - nice people, small & laid back, clean bathrooms, and a miniature golf course & fishing dock.

We are heading that way right after Escapade so I'll be checking that one out also! Thanks for the suggestion.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Kirk,

Let us know what you find out. Right now, we are thinking of the Jellystone Park(not our favorite) just because we are concerned about parking around the falls and they have a shuttle. The only gotcha is how often the shuttle runs during the off season. I have emailed them but no answer. I guess I will need to call.

Drives me crazy these places that have email and never look/answer their email!!!!

I sent an email to Riverside also and so far no response. I'm going to spend some time on "RV Park Reviews" in the next couple of days to see what else is available. I figure that if the park has email and doesn't respond, that is probably a hint about their customer attitude. ^_^

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived