GPS- CoPilot adds new RV software

Daveh

Up to now our choices have been to use the automotive CoPilot gps program for about 15 dollars or the Truck program for $150.00. I just noticed that CoPilot has released a new program just for RVs priced at $50.00. https://copilotgps.com/us/rv-navigation/?utm_source=CoPilot&utm_campaign=b5c801be78-SpringNewsletter_NA3_24_2016&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f7ca639a64-b5c801be78-207717889

At this point it is not clear to me what this program does that the automotive program cannot (that program has an RV setting).

Dave

Dave and Lana Hasper

Looking at this further it appears the RV sofware allows you to enter weight and length while the RV setting in the less expensive auto program only allows you to enter height. If that is the only difference I am not convinced it justifies the change. Maybe if I was buying new but I already have the auto program.

Dave and Lana Hasper

Howdy!

I purchased the Truck version a couple of years ago and it was worth the money. Would consider the new RV Verizon as our 5er is 13'6" tall.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

I have been using the RV version since 2013. I keep trying other things but nothing really does the job as well for me. Nice that the new version lets me use 13'6" I am 13' 4" but I am not going to haggle.

The program has really upgraded a lot from what it was when I started with it. Still wish they would really improve the finding and planning aspects of it, though. I still do planning on the PC with a couple of other programs to work out routes and rv parks and such.

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

Up to now our choices have been to use the automotive CoPilot gps program for about 15 dollars

The $15 auto premium version also has a RV/Motorcycle/Bicycle and walking setting in it that works for me.

Being 12' 6" it has a 12' 6" & 13' settings.

It has Free updates and the $15 version works on my iPad and iPhone 6 Plus at no extra cost.

I see no need for the higher $$ RV version. Now if they sold a Laptop RV version for $50 that had updated maps. I may go for that.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

I sent an email a week ago to the company asking what additional features were in the RV version that would support the $50 price tag. So far, no answer.

David & Sandi
2010 Silver Fox 29 5T
2011 Silverado 3500HD Crew, SB, SRW
Duramax, 6 spd Allison
2018 Polaris Ranger XP 1000

• 2 weeks later...

We used CoPilot Truck Laptop for 10 years because of the height of our truck and trailer. With the new motorhome, we are using CoPilot Laptop which has RV settings.

We liked the Android version, especially for the cost of the software, but we like having two displays, one for each of us, and cost of two tablets had a higher cost that using an existing laptop with an extension monitor.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Archived