Selling House

If'n it kin waller in the mud an' has a rifle rack and I kin ride it well golly, I might consider it.

She'll come around. Deal sounds done!

Well, would tire chains and wheel weights sweeten the deal?? I'll throw them in for free!! :P :P

Yea, she will figure out things will be fine. I am still trying to talk her into leaving her job and we hit the road!

VisitedStatesMap.gif

Good luck with that! If she is like mine she will still want to work even while RVing fulltime. We already did the free of debt thing a while ago and we don't HAVE to work. So she insists that she needs to get out of the house and runs estate sales, and does moves for the elderly downsizing from a house, or going to assisted living or memory care.

You must live in a bad neighborhood Tom if'n ya gotta chain down yer tires! I don't need me none o them. Ah gotta shotgun fer pertektin mah tires, n the rest o mah stuff, an a dawg for lettin me know if someone is in the yard. She don't bite, she just wants to taste everybody! :lol:

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Mntom,

If you are still trying to talk your wife into retiring, let alone fulltiming, you might have the cart ahead of the horse. If both parties don't really want to fulltime, you are ASKING for disaster. We all know lots & lots of couples who start out with one not fully onboard 'but he/she will come around' - 18 months later, they are off the road in an S&B.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Mntom,

If you are still trying to talk your wife into retiring, let alone fulltiming, you might have the cart ahead of the horse. If both parties don't really want to fulltime, you are ASKING for disaster. We all know lots & lots of couples who start out with one not fully onboard 'but he/she will come around' - 18 months later, they are off the road in an S&B.

Barb

Yea, I know. She has already told me that she wants a S&B. I am more just doing the 'wishful thinking' thing. I lived out on the road as a truck driver for 8 1/2 years and lived in my fiver for almost two years working away from home as a pipefitter. Easy or me, not so for others. She is going to have to make do in the trailer for a while though. We don't have any place lined up to move into ....yet.

VisitedStatesMap.gif

Mine came around Tom but then decided she wanted to be near her aging parents after seven years of fulltiming. Now she doesn't want to go back to fulltiming despite the fact that we are thinking about selling and moving again to another S&B in Denver area I guess, to get out of the South. Hot, humid, tornado alley with crazy weather these days is just not to our liking. And when folks here say they love the heat, they are more than likely only out in it from their car to work/store/home all air conditioned. Drive through any subdivision on a hot noon day and you won't see a soul out until it starts to cool in the evening. It is like those end of the world movies - no living creature to be seen. We are neither mad dogs nor Englishmen, so don't go out in the noonday sun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMlyT_Sb7sg

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Oh, I know she will 'come around', but only due to the fact we don't have another place to move into so it will be like going on a long vacation!

Oh, yea, the deal is pretty much done. I have a purchase agreement in my grubby little mitts. I am still surprised that the couple just looked at the house for the first time a week ago and here it is seven days later we have a closing date. Now we need to move out......

VisitedStatesMap.gif

I really think that Barb's advice is of great importance. Living in an RV you need to be best friends as well as partners.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Tom,

We lived in our 28' Sunnybrook for six months while our new house was being done with two big dogs, and it was fine even though it was in the sun and the A/C could only keep it at 75 -79 when it was 100° plus. We got the cable guys to run our cable Internet to the fiver and we kept our high speed internet fine. But we were parked next to my steel workshop with 30amp and water. I used a macerator pump to dump the black.

P6300009%20Small_zpsdtolkt9t.jpg

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Well, if I really wanted I could use one of my DirecTv receivers and an old dish so I can have satellite tv, but I am not sure where we are going to put our trailer. I lived in mine for almost two years while working away from home so I know I can do it. My wife is one that wants things to be 'comfortable' and predictable. I on the other hand like to just jump right in and figure it out as I go. There are some campgrounds close by that I can put my trailer until we figure out what we want to do. Like I told my wife, if we live frugally for a year or so we can upgrade our trailer and pay for it in cash so we won't have a payment on it. Her response was "I'm not looking that far ahead!"..........

VisitedStatesMap.gif

LOL... "Not looking that far ahead"! Of course NOT... right now she can BARELY see over all the boxes and move OUT! I felt the same and I was "on board for the adventure"! DON'T push, DON'T even nudge till she gets moved out of her nest and STARTS to make a new one...in her home on wheels! Then DON'T even think about a nudge... until she EXHALES from all the trama! Then MAYBE a nudge... a small one... maybe!

Debbie

2000 Volvo 770 Auto Shift/ 2L Custom Hauler Body with Smart Car Air Loader
2011 Smart Passion

2012 New Horizons 42' Custom 5th wheel (New Horizons Ambassadors)

LOL... "Not looking that far ahead"! Of course NOT... right now she can BARELY see over all the boxes and move OUT! I felt the same and I was "on board for the adventure"! DON'T push, DON'T even nudge till she gets moved out of her nest and STARTS to make a new one...in her home on wheels! Then DON'T even think about a nudge... until she EXHALES from all the trama! Then MAYBE a nudge... a small one... maybe!

Debbie

Sounds like her!! Yea, I am just going to take one day at a time until such time as we come to the next decision....... But it's fun to dream!

VisitedStatesMap.gif

Archived