Other providers

Need ideas on solving a prescription drug coverage..

Every month for the past eleven months my wife's prescription will not go thru, saying we have other providers other than CVS CAREMART.

Countless hours on conference calls solving this problem, ONLY to have it reappear one week later.

Never talk to the same representatives twice, and have to explain the problem over and over.

Feel I need a bigger club to get a final solution who can I contact outside of this frustrating Circus. Legal representation? State?

Thanks for any help or direction.

Trucken

I'm surprised you're having trouble with CVS. Is it the SilverScript Plan? We 've been using it for 6yrs. all across the country without a hitch, except when we've been somewhere there's no CVS.

Fulltiming since 2010

2000 Dutch Star

2009 Saturn Vue

Myrtle Beach, SC

...Every month for the past eleven months my wife's prescription will not go thru, saying we have other providers other than CVS CAREMART...

Is the problem with CVS or your prescription plan? When we had Aetna, they would only do 90 day prescriptions through their own mail order pharmacy. We now have Blue Cross/Blue Shield and CVS/Caremart is their preferred provider and we can get 90 day refills at the CVS stores. If the problem is with your plan, you will have to research the policies of the ones that are available in your state and county.

..just wondering how they solve the problem. What do they tell you when it's solved? Does this have anything to do with the Class of drugs taken? This sounds like your insurance issue, not CVS. Good luck!

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

First thanks, if I was younger I would cry.

1. Mariner. No silver script, commercial insurance with employer PPO.

2. Traveler. Had BCBS CVS care mart for 45 working years...Retired to BCBS CVS care mart RETIRED employee plan. BCBS says CVS problem, CVS says BCBS problem.

3. WHJ--- neither one of those work---.

4. Two Gypsies...BCBS removes indicator showing We have drug insurance thru Medicare. Care mart says your good woman has other provider for drug coverage, two hour conference call proves other wise...now have to do this 2 sometimes 3 times before insurance will go through. Then start over for next meds pass. If I can't correct in time over $1200 out of pocket.

I have called so much, now I always go straight to a supervisor. Always a different one that sings the same song. OK, IT FIXED, wait 3-5 days for update. Which means start over in 3-5 days.

Need out side help that has a bigger club. Don't want to leave BCBS/CVS after 45 years of great service and great coverage. However spending hours on conference calls answering same questions to a different supervisor's every 1-2 weeks that I have answered count less times before becomes frustrating.

TRUCKEN.

I just poked around because I remembered assistance when we were having serious issues with Medicare for my parents. I am not certain how they found me, but it was a representative from Medicare, not the insurance commonly and they were incredibly helpful to us in resolving a number of issues. I suspect it was this program. Given that you indicate that it's Medicare prescription coverage, it's worth a try anyway.

https://www.medicare.gov/Pubs/pdf/11173.pdf

Problem solved AGAIN, picked up meds....$150 instead of $1200.

Troy thanks for the suggestion problem has nothing to do with Medicare. And, Yes they have always been helpful.

Today, pharmacist suggested to go to state insurance agency because it has gone on for so long..

Thanks will wait for three weeks and see if problem reappears.

Trucken till next time.

Archived