30Amp versus 50Amp Hookups

PrescillaM

Breakers should be a part of your maintenance schedule. With the rig not powered you remove the cover panel in your box and test the tightness of the screw holding the load wire. It surprising how many are loose. Also check the load wire to see if it has a burn or discoloration from getting too hot. Also once in a while feel you breakers that are under load...they should not be hot. If they are hot get it checked out.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

After doing a little more research I found this topic is debated a lot!

And really all I wanted to do is let people know there is a risk you take when you adapt things!

I did see one good idea. One person has a plugin surge protector for his system so even when he adapts to a higher amp system he is still protected at the proper amperage.

Just remember when you adapt it may void any warranty or insurance claims if something does happen.

One of the most dangerous electrical items around most RVs and Homes is ZIP CORD. It is responsible for burning down many homes and should be outlawed. But it is found on a lot of electric heaters and other electrical appliances. Be very careful with anything that has zip cord on it for power.

Southwind 35P

ARS KB0OU

EX Submarine driver

Archived