10x10 or 10x20 canopy awning

usaperuvian

We are looking for ez up canopy awning. I'm thinking a 10x20 would really be nice but is overkill?

Do you have a 10x20 and love/hate it?

Joani & Alberto, 1999 Rexhall Rexair 3550

We named our RV Our Casita and got personalized Idaho license plates "RCASITA" because it is our little house in spanish,

Our two dogs always travel with us, Badger 12 years old & Sheba 6 years old

We have a 10x10 purchased at Costco. Given the weight and difficulty to handle at times, I would go with two 10x10s if you want the 20 foot length. We take ours with us on boondocking trips when it is hot and I want to park the toys out of the sun. Use it once in heavy rain in Sun Valley, ID. We have zipping sides and everyone ended up in ours as it was the only one that kept the blowing rain out. Buy quality as the cheap ones will fold and break in a heavy wind.

rocmoc n AZ/Fld/Baja

I didn't know Costco sold them. I'll check them out. Thank you

We named our RV Our Casita and got personalized Idaho license plates "RCASITA" because it is our little house in spanish,

I would second what mocroc said...as a high school coach I have used both sizes at track meets and other events and the 10x10's are much easier to handle (set up and take down in a hurry) and especially buy a god brand. the cheap ones will bend and be useless in a moderate wind. They are really nice to have and one of the next things on our list of things to buy.

Thank you for your advice

The other things to check out before purchase is the Tent fabric and how long it will last. I had one, don't remember the brand but it wasn't the "Cheapest". Worked great for the reason I purchased and then I got the great idea it would also work as a cover for my car too. Constant exposure to the Florida Sun and the fabric sort of desinegrated in about a year. Frame was still good but the replacement fabric was over twice the cost of a new one. I went with the car cover instead.

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Agree with all above. Especially buying a quality ez-up. We went through a couple of the Costo specials (12x12's).. they never really lasted more than a season or 2 with just occasional use. Typically it was the accordion bars that were really fragile. Without 2 people closing them up a little at a time (moving from one side to the other) it puts too much torque on the bars and they bend and break at the connection and pivot points quite easily. On the first one we thought it was just user error.. purchased 5 replacement bars (for around $45), but they were just too fragile. It wasn't so bad since they were only $125 a pop, but the last one we had we searched for trade-show canopies and found a 10x10 that was purchased over 10 years ago and is still used by my son's family. It was a bit over $350 (they may cost more these days), but in the long run we ended up ahead.

That was awhile ago, but I believe it was a Eurmax(?).

Costco sells a couple different brands / kinds. The one we bought is flame retardant, white (better in the sun) and has sides. Bought Costco after the recommendation from Outside Trade vendors we talked to. Ours is 5 years old and shows zero wear. But the bottom line is buy quality. Don't forget to have stuff to hold down the tent in the wind; tie downs, rope, weights or something. They blow away in a heartbeat and are damaged.

rocmoc n AZ/Fld/Baja

Move all the advice. Thanks!

Archived