RV Insurance

maggie blair

If you are talking about insurance against accidents, it depends heavily on your record, credit rating, state of domicile, etc, etc, etc. Some providing great coverage for RVs are Explorer RV (a broker), Farm & City (a broker), & National Interstate (a specific insurer). Brokers write for several different companies and will find the best deal for your specific situation among the companies they write for.

If you are talking about breakdown insurance/roadside assistance, both Coach-Net and Good Sam do much better at supporting RVs than AAA does.

Paul (KE5LXU), former fulltimer, now sometimer...

'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40E

'05 Honda Odyssey

Escapees, FMCA, WIT, SMART

http://www.pjrider.com

RVerinsurance is a commercial member of Escapees, talk to Kyle. Also Miller Insurance is a commercial member of Escapees. Information on both can be found in the bimonthly newsletter. Both are brokers of many insurance companies. Foremost, a division of Farmers, Allied, a division of Nationwide, and Progressive are some to look at.

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

There are a bunch of insurance agencies that are commercial members of the club but not all sell motor vehicle insurance. RVer Health Insurance mentioned above is one of those who do not. Here are several agencies that do sell vehicle insurance and who specialize in coverage for RV folks. Be sure that you tell them that you are a fulltimer, since the insurance you need is different.

FCIS Insurance

Miller RV Insurance

C & C Marketing and Insurance

BancorpSouth Insurance Services Inc

Explorer RV Insurance Agency

AIS RV Insurance

Foremost Insurance

I suggest that you pick two or three of them and contact them for competitive bids, then compare both costs and coverage for each.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

There are a bunch of insurance agencies that are commercial members of the club but not all sell motor vehicle insurance. RVer Health Insurance mentioned above is one of those who do not. Here are several agencies that do sell vehicle insurance and who specialize in coverage for RV folks. Be sure that you tell them that you are a fulltimer, since the insurance you need is different.

FCIS Insurance

Miller RV Insurance

AIS RV Insurance

Foremost Insurance

I suggest that you pick two or three of them and contact them for competitive bids, then compare both costs and coverage for each.

Perfect. Thanks so much! Great advice as usual. :)

Maggie Blair

I recently changed my RV and Car insurance when I moved my domicile to Florida a couple months ago. I previously had yet to get "Full-Timer" insurance on the RV and found a few other areas where my current coverage was woefully deficient (namely, in how/how much the RV contents are covered, and in how the overall RV value is calculated should I ever have a total loss and need to replace the RV). Both of these are 2 key areas often missed (or insufficiently covered) by "part-timer" RV policies, or policies quoted directly from an insurer (in my case, Progressive).

Fortunately, I found a terrific agent who specializes in RV policies (especially full-timer policies), American Adventure Insurance. They not only got me added coverages (that Progressive would not sell me directly), but also managed to come in $100+ lower than Progressive Direct's quote too. I'm still getting a Progressive policy, and can even view/manage it on Progressive's website, but by using AAI as my agent, I was able to get it for less (and with the expanded coverages). Check out the Insurance section of my "How To Move to Florida" blog post for full details.

Lynne

2007 Winnebago View 23J

2003 Chevy Tracker ZR2

Blog: WinnieViews

Facebook Page : WinnieViews

• 2 years later...
On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 2:24 PM, Kirk Wood said:

FCIS Insurance

Miller RV Insurance

AIS RV Insurance

Foremost Insurance

Just what I'm searching for! Thanks for your help. 

Archived