Brake system for toad

maggie blair

Both of them have a good reputation and their supporters. I am a firm believer in using an auxiliary brake on any towed vehicle but there are many very good choices available. We used the Brake Buddy for all of the years we towed, 12 full-time and 5 part-time. I found them to be an excellent product that performs as they claim.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I just had the SMI Duo system installed into my 2015 Cadillac SRX to tow behind my motorhome. Small, compact and easy to operate. One switch to turn on or off. I'm more than impressed with not only the installer I chose but the operation of the unit. I did a little bit of investigation before going with the SMI unit and think I made a good choise. Pricing between the Roadmaster Invisabrake was close but I went with the unit i felt was best for my use. The braking is seemless when i stop and no jerking motions or hard pulling from the toad vehicle. Feels like the motorhome & toad are stopping as one unit.

Stacey Frank
SKP #67438
2013 Tiffin Allegro RED 34QFA

2015 Cadillac SRX
2019 Tesla Model X

1991 Avanti Convertible

Both of them have a good reputation and their supporters. I am a firm believer in using an auxiliary brake on any towed vehicle but there are many very good choices available. We used the Brake Buddy for all of the years we towed, 12 full-time and 5 part-time. I found them to be an excellent product that performs as they claim.

Thanks so much Kirk! I always appreciate your advice.

Maggie Blair

I just had the SMI Duo system installed into my 2015 Cadillac SRX to tow behind my motorhome. Small, compact and easy to operate. One switch to turn on or off. I'm more than impressed with not only the installer I chose but the operation of the unit. I did a little bit of investigation before going with the SMI unit and think I made a good choise. Pricing between the Roadmaster Invisabrake was close but I went with the unit i felt was best for my use. The braking is seemless when i stop and no jerking motions or hard pulling from the toad vehicle. Feels like the motorhome & toad are stopping as one unit.

Thanks so much Stacey.

Maggie Blair

Thanks I am going with the SMI system. Camping World here in Redding Ca. hasn't installed any yet, so this is their first. :)

Maggie Blair

Archived