*%$#^*ing trees.................

mr. cob

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blue Sky will likely turn around and sue the neighbor for the repairs. Least that's how I have seen it done before.

Howdy Imurphy907,

From what my claims adjuster said, as farmers admitted liability, Blue Sky, will go after farmers.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Glad to hear that things are finally working out the way they should. The next question is what are they going to do about the tree?

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

If you are asking what is the insurance co going to do about the trees, they are not in the tree trimming or removal business. Even if the wind blows a tree onto your house, they will only pay to have it removed from your house and placed in the yard. After paying a claim the other guys insurance may give him a non renewal notice until the tree is removed.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

Howdy Brad,

The tree was removed yesterday, a crew of three men worked 9 hours to take that thing down it was so rotten they had to take the top half of it down limb by limb lowering the limbs by rope and pulleys anchored to another tree. They also trimmed other trees that were a danger to our house and yard. I really feel sorry for the neighbor, they are a young couple and had to pay for this tree removal out of pocket, but it had to be done, it should have been done by the bank while the house sat empty for three years before again being sold. Don't get me started on banks and how they operate.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Blue Sky also paid full price on our damage also. Only issue I had, the person over my claim. Waited 2 weeks then wanted more Pic's of the damage. And made us 4 days late on our trip. But most of the issues was the shop in Corinth ms that did the work. Never again will they touch anything again. After I had them do the work. Its not right and hear more stories each day of there bad work.

Pete

event.png

Blue Sky also paid full price on our damage also. Only issue I had, the person over my claim. Waited 2 weeks then wanted more Pic's of the damage. And made us 4 days late on our trip. But most of the issues was the shop in Corinth ms that did the work. Never again will they touch anything again. After I had them do the work. Its not right and hear more stories each day of there bad work.

Pete

Howdy Pete,

Sorry to hear of the bad time you had with the shop. I can honestly say that the new roof on my toy hauler is BETTER then the one it came with when it left the factory, I am very lucky to have a shop owned and run by a man like Chuck, work you can trust at a reasonable price.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Hi mr. cob -

Approx where is Chuck's shop located? We get near Abbotsford from time to time... may want to schedule a roof membrane replacement ...

Thank you

Howdy noteven,

Chuck is located west of Granite falls, east of Marysville, north of Snohomish and south of Arlington, send me a PM and I can provide you with full contact information. He is a one man shop and booked well in advance, he also does emergency mobile repairs in a fully equipped truck-trailer. Depending on what you need and when you need it done he will work with you to arrange a time to get the job done. It was very lucky for me that Chuck was able to put my roof job ahead of one that was scheduled to be done, the other trailer owner didn't plan to use his RV until later in the year so after talking to the other owner my roof replacement was done in April so I could take my trip to Moab rather then in late May or early June when the next opening would have occurred.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Thanks Dave,

OK thanks - We would be planning well in advance to do this maintenance - I'll contact if plans work out. This may require a motorcycle exploration of the west end of Hwy 20, maybe coffee with a guy to talk bikes and sidehacks and such like that... :)

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Thanks Dave,

OK thanks - We would be planning well in advance to do this maintenance - I'll contact if plans work out. This may require a motorcycle exploration of the west end of Hwy 20, maybe coffee with a guy to talk bikes and sidehacks and such like that... :)

Howdy noteven,

"If" I am home, I would be more then happy to talk bikes, drink coffee and ride Hwy 20, so do keep me in mind should you ever venture to my part of the Great Nor-Wet. :D

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Howdy All,

...Farmers wouldn't even send out an appraiser to look at the trailer, they just based their offer on the photos that I sent to them which really didn't show the full extent of the damage.

Can I suggest something here? Don't send anything that's incomplete. Either photograph everything completely, or insist on creating a PDF that has both text and photos in such a way that the damage is shown completely. Anything less is giving them an out to only fix what was shown, etc. Get every single one of those ducks in a row, and your success rate should go up.

Can I suggest something here? Don't send anything that's incomplete. Either photograph everything completely, or insist on creating a PDF that has both text and photos in such a way that the damage is shown completely. Anything less is giving them an out to only fix what was shown, etc. Get every single one of those ducks in a row, and your success rate should go up.

Howdy peety3,

My point being, WHY did "I" have to send anything? Isn't it the job of the insurance company to investigate the case and collet evidence needed to substantiate a claim. My insurance company sent out an adjuster, why couldn't farmers who was and still is responsible for the eventual settlement of my claim. Blue Sky, paid the bill in FULL and I hope they nail farmers for more then their cost as they should have never had to become involved. Yes, I can be a vengeful bugger when I feel I have been wronged.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Archived