2016 West Coast Rally - Caldwell Idaho

MrSeas

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to see people booking!

Here is what I got back from the RV park.

Confirmation #: R0000*****
Reservation made on: Mon, Feb 22, 2016

First Night: Thu, Jun 16, 2016
Check In: 12:00 PM

Last Night: Sun, Jun 19, 2016
Check Out: 1:00 PM (on Mon, Jun 20, 2016)

Site Type: Pull Thru

Deposit Paid: $143.85

Rally Rally Rally....come one come all!

7 confirmed!

Sites going quickly!

Scott

Nice. Hopefully we can keep that going and beet last years attendance.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

i just made our reservations. We visited last year in Sparks for a few hours and look forward to learning more about my HDT options this year. Thanks for including us "wanna bees"

Tim & Cheryl
2015 Mobile Suites 39 TKSB3
2009 Volvo 670 D13 I-Shift  “Walter”

Happily Living Somewhere In Nevada

649EF470-4F2A-4D47-8AB9-AFD3462E24F4.jpeg

i just made our reservations. We visited last year in Sparks for a few hours and look forward to learning more about my HDT options this year. Thanks for including us "wanna bees"

Great to have you again. My offer still stands if you actually want to drive an HDT this year instead of just take a ride.

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

Great to have you again. My offer still stands if you actually want to drive an HDT this year instead of just take a ride.

Thanks for the offer again Chad. I may take you up on that this time. We have put our home in Tahoe on the market and after we move out of California my decision will be much easier. How convenient that the rally is right in the middle of our Idaho vacation.

Thanks again for everyone's welcoming of interested but non HDT owners.

Tim & Cheryl

Tim,

We look forward to seeing you and Cheryl again this year!

Thanks Rick,

I seem to remember that we owe you a couple of wine coolers. We will have a completely stocked trailer this time so we will be ready to repay everyone!

Tim & Cheryl

As mentioned above....the WCR Rally is a great source of info for those that might be thinking about towing a "heavier" trailer.

We have a "diverse" group of trucks so you can see the many different ways folks "customize" their rigs to suit their individual styles.

It will give you the opportunity to "touch & feel" the larger trucks and take them for a "test drive"!

Lots of "neat" things to see!

Scott

Someone asked me the other day " why do have such a big truck to pull your 5'er"?

My answer was pretty simple... "safety of my family"!

They went on to say " but my dually pulls my heavy trailer with no problems" and I answer with " how does it stop that heavy trailer"! They just walked away shrugging their shoulders and talking to themselves.

Scott

As a wise man here once said "is it really overkill if its cheaper" ? -rickeieio-

I say sometimes 'if a stupid idea works ,is it really stupid'?

Don't be blame'n that on me.

We just got home from our "Practicing for Retirement" tour yesterday, and most of the comments we received about our truck were positive. Many truckers waved and/or gave us a thumbs up on the road. Today, in our own driveway, a neighbor asked why such a big truck. He didn't believe it was more cost effective to own the Volvo and a F-150 than to have a F-450, but the numbers don't lie.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

• 2 weeks later...

We are looking forward to reacquainting ourselves with old friends and making new ones. Hope to see some new faces this year and continue to grow the WCR.

event.png    

While the WCR is still new and is more of a gathering than a Rally currently, I thought I would put this out to the group.

The WCR in its current form is a long weekend gathering of those who own or have an interest in owning an HDT. We do not currently have seminars or a Rally schedule. With that in mind, the forum seems to regularly have threads on inverters and inverter installs, so this year I am going to have an informal review and discussion about the set up I have in my rig. I have an inverter in my fiver and one in my HDT. My fiver setup is a whole house inverter set up with a sub panel and large battery bank. I installed it myself and have wiring diagrams and other component lists that I will bring along. I have installed several similar set ups for friends and assisted others in doing their installs. My HDT set up has an inverter and separate house battery bank. I am fairly knowledgeable on the subject and am willing to share my experiences with the group and let anyone who is interested take a look at my set ups and how they are installed.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the WCR.

event.png    

While the WCR is still new and is more of a gathering than a Rally currently, I thought I would put this out to the group.

The WCR in its current form is a long weekend gathering of those who own or have an interest in owning an HDT. We do not currently have seminars or a Rally schedule. With that in mind, the forum seems to regularly have threads on inverters and inverter installs, so this year I am going to have an informal review and discussion about the set up I have in my rig. I have an inverter in my fiver and one in my HDT. My fiver setup is a whole house inverter set up with a sub panel and large battery bank. I installed it myself and have wiring diagrams and other component lists that I will bring along. I have installed several similar set ups for friends and assisted others in doing their installs. My HDT set up has an inverter and separate house battery bank. I am fairly knowledgeable on the subject and am willing to share my experiences with the group and let anyone who is interested take a look at my set ups and how they are installed.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the WCR.

Howdy Chad,

As I stated a while back due to the dates of this rally I won't able to attend, after reading your post I am really disappointed as your talk on this subject is something I would really have benefited from. Do you have this information perhaps with photos stashed somewhere that you could make it available to those of us who could use it, access it? If you prepare some type of hand out listing components etc that you will give out at the rally could you make available this same information to those of us who will not be able to attend the rally? "I" am an extremely electrically challenged person, I have never mastered the art of keeping the sacred smoke within the insulation of wires, I want to install an inverter in the truck and may want to do something with the system that is now in the toy hauler. That said having access to information in hand out form may help from burning the truck up should I dare venture down this path at a future date. Thanks for any help in this regard you may offer.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Dave I don't have it all put together yet (other than my hand drawn wiring diagram and parts list). I should be able to put it all online somewhere and make it available to others as desired once I get it together. I need to get some time and take some detailed photographs of my current set ups to add to my other information to make it a little more useful to those who can't see it in person.

On edit:

PS - If and when you ever decide to go down this road, I'd be happy to help you out. It really isn't that difficult to do once you grasp the basic concepts.

event.png    

Dave I don't have it all put together yet (other than my hand drawn wiring diagram and parts list). I should be able to put it all online somewhere and make it available to others as desired once I get it together. I need to get some time and take some detailed photographs of my current set ups to add to my other information to make it a little more useful to those who can't see it in person.

On edit:

PS - If and when you ever decide to go down this road, I'd be happy to help you out. It really isn't that difficult to do once you grasp the basic concepts.

Howdy Chad,

I think I can speak for many when I say THANKS for sharing this information will all of us.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

I was planning on not being able to make it.......BUT I was looking at the map and I might be able to overnight or day trip it. From where I'm going to be out on a week trip boondocking to the rally site is over 300 miles by pavement around the long way. I can cut off 110 miles by driving 48 miles of gravel highway strait across the desert.......Did some searching and it appears guys on Honda Goldwings towing trailers has run this route without issue.

1999 Peterbilt 385 C12 430/1650 13spd

2006 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4

2010 Hitchhiker Champagne 36 LKRSB

Archived