Hopper 3 Installation

I am 75 and have been trying to understand everything to get it to work but guess i'm not smart enough to figure it out.I have looked at the drawings and don't understand if I have to change other cables on the dishes wiring or what.Been on the roof of the fifth wheel six times and that's six to many.Would love a easy answer.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2016 at 8:13 AM, chirakawa said:

Some people watch TV more than others. I record Meet the Press every Sunday. Sometimes it's Friday before I get time to watch it. I guess I just like being outdoors more than watching the boob tube. My 211K with two tuners is more than enough for me. To each his own.

This is another situation where I am getting conflicting information from Dish.  You refer to 2 tuners with your 211K - presumably one for Dish and one for OTA.  Can you record from both with an external hard drive?  Dish says NO so I am coming to the experts for the TRUE facts.

Roger

1 hour ago, rogerhardy said:

one for Dish and one for OTA.  Can you record from both with an external hard drive? 

Roger

Yes, you can record from both at the same time...............and watch a pre-recorded program while you're doing it.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

10 minutes ago, chirakawa said:

Yes, you can record from both at the same time...............and watch a pre-recorded program while you're doing it.

Thank you for the response and for your information.  Wouldn't it be nice if the Dish Customer Service/Tech Support people were as knowledgeable as you and many others in this forum.  This is very helpful in my decision.

Roger

1 hour ago, chirakawa said:

Exactly. I did that many times when I had a 211K.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

• 6 months later...

Newby here:

I have a Hopper 3 and just purchased the DPH eastern arc LNB.  Do I only need to connect the 62.7 feed?  Also do I need to use the Dish Network Dish Pro Hybrid Solo Hub or can I connect directly to the Hopper 3 if I only plan to use one TV at the tailgate?  Any help is appreciated!  Thank you!

50 minutes ago, AUSki23 said:

Newby here:

I have a Hopper 3 and just purchased the DPH eastern arc LNB.  Do I only need to connect the 62.7 feed?  Also do I need to use the Dish Network Dish Pro Hybrid Solo Hub or can I connect directly to the Hopper 3 if I only plan to use one TV at the tailgate?  Any help is appreciated!  Thank you!

I am assuming you are talking about a tripod.  Yes, just one coax to the left coax port (looking at at the ports).  I believe you can connect straight to the Hopper 3 if no Joeys are used.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

• 2 years later...

We just installed the Hopper with Sling and a Joey in our RV.  We want to use a tripod for setup when we travel.  Anyone know which satellite finder meter will work with this system?  I think the Birdog Ultra will, but not sure.  Are their any others.  Would appreciate any help.

A little,  We have left the road and built a new house in Texas.  We have 100 mbit fiber internet but still prefer using Dish for most of our TV viewing.  I have used Prime and Netflex to watch some movies but I prefer the common program guide I get with Dish and the whole house DVR Hopper 3.

Maybe some day someone will come up with a common directory for multiple streaming services.

As for cost, since I use Amazon so much, Prime video is free.  Netflix came into the house because the boss wanted to watch the Queen.  If you add up all the services that would replace Dish, the cost wouldn't be that much different.

We never considered any streaming when we were still RVing.  The availability of internet was too questionable to get use to streaming.  Maybe it was the places we stayed.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

On 6/28/2020 at 10:22 AM, Zulu said:

Mark, at those speeds you could download the Internet in 5 minutes.

end of the internet

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Here's what "The End of the Internet" looked like on Jan 29, 2005... ;)

https://web.archive.org/web/20050129085648/http://endoftheinternet.com/

Edited by Dutch_12078

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

The internet in the U.S.A, 1969. Kirk sent this to me.Now we have a hopper 3 that plays movies via the internet.

xnRoF23l.jpg

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961