Alliant Credit Union

Jack Mayer

At one time Escapees had a deal with Alliant that Escapees members would get a discount on loans. Does anyone know if that deal is still valid?

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

I believe it is

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Alliant says no, it is not valid. But I did not press the issue since I'm not getting a loan at the moment.

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

Well, their web site says they have RV loans as low as 2.99%. Depends on length of loan, but it's hard to beat their interest rates even without a special deal. Probably have to call them and ask to be sure. their customer service was really good last time I talked with them. :)

Dave

Well, their web site says they have RV loans as low as 2.99%. Depends on length of loan, but it's hard to beat their interest rates even without a special deal. Probably have to call them and ask to be sure. their customer service was really good last time I talked with them. :)

Dave

Yeah, good luck on the 2.99%. We are fulltimers and I was just quoted 4.49% on a 120 month for an RV. Granted, it would likely be lower if I actually got it - because they did not have all the RV info and down payment amount. But not a lot lower. I have seen lower rates at RV dealers, but not many. I would go with Alliant because I like their service. I do wish they had some more innovative products - like a 2 week payment loan. It really cuts the total interest paid and the monthly payment is the same. Rates are generally cheaper, too.

www.jackdanmayer.com

I have seen the 2.99% loans on RVs from a number of lenders.

I have not been able to get that rate despite excellent credit rating.

The loan amount is not large enough or the length of the loan is not long enough.

Good Luck

Exactly. Our credit rating is quite high and we cannot get the "advertised" rates. I have asked - just for grins - what it would take to get the "advertised" rates from some of the RV dealers. Credit rating for us is not a factor. No one can tell me HOW I can get the rates they advertise - because they simply don't issue at those rates. They are a come-on. I have no issue with that.....and already knew it.

www.jackdanmayer.com

We just refied our MH with Alliant. Got the 2.99% rate, approved within hours, no problems whatsoever. Term of 96 months. Customer Service has been outstanding!!!!

Excellent. So once I get ready to do an actual loan I'll press then on the rate. They did say right away that the rate would change once the specifics were known. So we will see. Of course the length of time for the finance has a lot to do with the rate.

www.jackdanmayer.com

Jack,

What I discerned in dealing with Alliant ws the 2.99% was for part-timers(never asked to substantiate this), 8 year loan and a certain amount based on what you buy/own. We had to pay down our current loan several thousand to get the lower percentage. You might want to contact them and get a rough number so you have no surprise when the time comes. Alliant also has 3 ways to pay back the loan: monthly, semi-monthly or bi-weekly. In comparing the interest between the 3 we would have saved $1000 over 8 years by going with one of the non-monthly plans.

I have My home with them and I am a full timer. My percent is slightly above 4% and was told lower rate for non full time. I've been with them going back to when they were the Unites AirlinesEmployee CU. I've had other loans with them in the past. I have to say they were GREAT to work with on my rv loan! Especially Jadwiiga, she is wonderful!

Don Kostyal

CMSgt, ret USAF

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Jack,

Texas law prohibits prepayment penalties. You can pay 50% payment twice a month and reap the interest savings. Of course paying extra above the regular payment increases those savings. I am not a lawyer but have paid Texas loans in just such fashion.

Jack,

Texas law prohibits prepayment penalties. You can pay 50% payment twice a month and reap the interest savings. Of course paying extra above the regular payment increases those savings. I am not a lawyer but have paid Texas loans in just such fashion.

True enough. But I want an auto deduction if I do the loan. And Alliant has that twice a month or every two weeks payment option. Same amount as if you paid once a month, but it saves a lot of money.

www.jackdanmayer.com

Archived