Question about availability at Rovers Roost Park in Casa Grande

Ozz

We are headed there this week. They don't take reservations until the day before.

Really enjoyed the nice Saguaro Co-Op park in Benson. Great people and great location.

Also, how is the Casa Grande park? any tips on where to ask to park, if they are open?

We make holsters, so would like to have a view out the back of the 5th wheel where our work table is.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Ozz and Sue

5 years of Pipefitter apprentice, Machinists school, and 4 years as a machinist and machine repairs. 2 years repairing Nuke and convential submarines. One year running my own machine shop,

3 years in refrigeration and electrical schooling, 35 years as a HVAC, refrigeration and electrical serviceman and my own businesses as a contractor.

We just left there on the 12th - and liked it. Spaces 95 - 120 and boondocking have a nice view out the back. Everything else is down middle streets with spaces behind you (you can see the layout on the site map on their web site). The staff and other Escapees in the park are extremely friendly. The only negative we noticed was an occasional bad smell when the wind was blowing from the wrong direction (and it got pretty bad one night). Being from New Mexico, it smelled like a large feed lot to me. There was availability when we wanted to stay, but - being winter - they were pretty full. Give them a call and check.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

We just left there on the 12th - and liked it. Spaces 95 - 120 and boondocking have a nice view out the back. Everything else is down middle streets with spaces behind you (you can see the layout on the site map on their web site). The staff and other Escapees in the park are extremely friendly. The only negative we noticed was an occasional bad smell when the wind was blowing from the wrong direction (and it got pretty bad one night). Being from New Mexico, it smelled like a large feed lot to me. There was availability when we wanted to stay, but - being winter - they were pretty full. Give them a call and check.

Rob

Thanks Rob!

5 years of Pipefitter apprentice, Machinists school, and 4 years as a machinist and machine repairs. 2 years repairing Nuke and convential submarines. One year running my own machine shop,

3 years in refrigeration and electrical schooling, 35 years as a HVAC, refrigeration and electrical serviceman and my own businesses as a contractor.

You'll find a BIG difference in sites from Benson to the Casa Grande park and also the surrounding area is different - flat in Casa Grande.

Also consider going up to the Congress Escapees park near Wickenburg.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.

I toured the Wickenburg location 3 years ago when we were staying at Tonopah, very nice indeed!

Leather pistol holsters, I am making an order for a gun shop in Vail, by us here in Tucson, and a custom order of 2 for a Chicago policeman. We have a leather sewing machine in our 5th wheel.

You can email me for pictures at HVAC.repairs@yahoo.com if you would like to see some.

Thanks.

We are at Pioneer RV Resort in N Phoenix near the Ben Avery Shooting Range, just off I17. They are having some big event at the shooting range in late Feb?, several of our neighbors are here for that. You might be interested in going and selling your holsters.

Thank you, we are working our way up to that area, I will look into that show

Ozz

Archived