Quicken Deluxe 2016 for PC is $30 at Amazon

Al F

Last year it cost me $24.99 to do the on line Turbo Tax.

And they had all my previous years info to input that saved a lot of time.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Sorry My Bad! But I did just order the disk one to replace my old 2010 Quicken Basic. :)

Actually it was $31.93 with tax included and Free shipping with another item ordered with it.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

timing was perfect as I have4 a 2 year old Quicken. will order tomorrow. Thanks! Hugs, Di

SKP #48048
2015 single Cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisan Transmission, 410 gear. Pace Edwards automatic roll top cover. AMP running boards & tailgate step.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Leveling System & Plug It Right Stabilizers.
www.plugitright.com Plug It Right Stabilizer, TST, Quadra Big Foot Lever Tailgate Easy Lift Distrubitors
http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html e-mail: plugitright@gmail.com

I usually don't buy the latest Quicken until it won't automatically download my financial accounts. That usually happens after about 5-6 years. However since my Quicken is the 2012 version and the price was better than anything I have paid in the last 10+ years I ordered the current product.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

I'm with Al Florida on my reasons to take advantage the 2016 Quicken. Hugs, Di

SKP #48048
2015 single Cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisan Transmission, 410 gear. Pace Edwards automatic roll top cover. AMP running boards & tailgate step.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Leveling System & Plug It Right Stabilizers.
www.plugitright.com Plug It Right Stabilizer, TST, Quadra Big Foot Lever Tailgate Easy Lift Distrubitors
http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html e-mail: plugitright@gmail.com

I got my Quicken at Costco for $24.99 last week I think. I used to use quicken all the time but got tired of having it show that I was out of money on occasion when I knew there were sufficient funds. I hate seeing red on my account balances. I finally stopped almost 5 years ago fighting with it and went with a "Neat" scanner too keep all my receipts and just looked at my account balances with my online banking to be sure everything was as I expected. Problem is, my Tax accountant doesn't like working with the Neat files, would rather have Quicken, so I bought it for New Years and decided to try again.

Everything was OK to start. Didn't take too much time to get it ready to start downloading my accounts, I thought 'I remember how to do this'. Got my account downloaded and started to go through some of the transactions to rename them so I would know what they actually were from a glance and not by having to study the entire entry to find the actual store name. (does anyone else hate that?) and low and behold I find RED in my account balances. HOW can that be. There was never a time when my account had less than $500 during the past three months and that's the data that was downloaded. I am considering telling my Tax person he can either have all my paper receipts or get used to the Neat files.

No I haven't contacted Quicken yet. I don't expect any significant help from them. It is the same bank account that caused the issue in the past so maybe it would work if I notified them, but it is a large banking establishment so I'm sure I'm not the only one having the issues. My other smaller bank seems to be fine, so far.

Hope this wasn't too much off topic. Anyone wish to assist further may send a PM.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

I have never had this problem so I think it must be the way you are using Quicken, something is amiss. I look at Quicken as a basic check register so I think you are entering something wrong. Maybe a trip to the library and reading a few "How to Use Quicken" books is in order.

If everything was OK after you downloaded your accounts then it is probably something you did. GIGO.

I would do some reading, then start over being very careful what is entered/changed.

I have never had this problem so I think it must be the way you are using Quicken, something is amiss. I look at Quicken as a basic check register so I think you are entering something wrong. Maybe a trip to the library and reading a few "How to Use Quicken" books is in order.

If everything was OK after you downloaded your accounts then it is probably something you did. GIGO.

I would do some reading, then start over being very careful what is entered/changed.

The problem is I am not "entering" anything. I downloaded the files from the bank into a fresh new copy of Quicken 2016. I had no previous Quicken on this machine. I will most likely do more of the reading, uninstall and try it one more time. Thank you for your reply,

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

I am just trying to provide an additional perspective for you. If the initial download is in error then you need to go back to your financial institution to find out why, but you say that all is well at that point. Just changing the payee's name shouldn't impact anything. If the initial download is correct as you edit the transactions watch the balance and see when that changes. At least then you know which transaction is the culprit. Sounds like something from the bank to me.

I download my transactions every few days and the payee is always the store I have dealt with. I rarely need to do any fine tuning.

I've used Quicken for probably a couple of decades. I do not, however, download anything...I manually enter information from each cash register receipt and then manually reconcile the account when the statement for that account is available online.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

We use Home and Business and have the 2014 version. It did not like Windows 10 on our system, my wife's new computer, but is running fine on her old system running Windows 10. They offered us Home and biz 2016 for 60 bucks, I downloaded it, and it would not activate either. I decided that Windows 10 when pre loaded was the issue so I factory restored her new All in One quad core i5 system and will try again tomorrow when the main support folks are at home at Intuit. If not we will downgrade to deluxe as long as it will take our accounts from Home and biz alright.

Thanks for the timely tip. We're calling quicken with that question in advance of tomorrow's attempt to activate 2014 and then upgrade to Windows 10. I think that will work if it works in 8.1 first. But may not.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I just returned my copy of quicken 2016. It randomly listed BOA checking account transactions as void and did not post amounts. I tried every thing for two plus days. I could not get it to work. Other and older such programs worked fine.

Archived