East Coast Rally Update

SuiteSuccess

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Along with pen and paper don't forget your favorite beverage.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

And the project will still be open to observers/"helpers". Steve Dixon did a project day/seminar with the pedestal tester last year, with everyone bringing their own stuff. Since a lot of the parts for an electronics project are $0.02 parts buying 100 or $2.00 parts buying one, I'm going to plan on rounding up the necessary bits. Otherwise there are going to be 20,000 unwanted resistors up for grabs...

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

Good morning,

Mary and I are trying to set things up so we can attend the rally on our way to Nacarato Volvo in Nashville to look at a good selection of 730's they have for sale. My concern is that we're still stuck in "Tonka" mode (2000 F*350 Super Duty 7.3 Super Cab w 38' Challenger) and would hate to take a space needed for an HD Rig. Are there any nearby spots for us?

I was lucky enough to buy one of the 730's. Drove it back to Long Island, no issues at all.

Sorry, Phoenix. Take care and rehab quickly.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Mine is scheduled for March 16th. Headed to Dallas area this coming weekend.

Shoulder or knee Rocky? Anyway get well quickly. Prayers with both you and Henry.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

All the best Henry and Rocky bionic parts will make you guys supermen! Will miss you at the rally.

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

Henry,

Will just call you "The Borg Brothers". You will have to conform to the collective mind of the HDT hive---but somehow I just don't see that happening.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

It's easy to see in the picture that we don't conform very well, and it might be that with our extra powers we will be seeking changes that are really different! After all. I already have folks telling me that I'm way out there! And we all know Henry!

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

It's easy to see in the picture that we don't conform very well, and it might be that with our extra powers we will be seeking changes that are really different! After all. I already have folks telling me that I'm way out there! And we all know Henry!

Ha, ha. So true Rocky. Take care my friend and rehab quickly.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

It is getting close to ECR time and well, we were getting all excited yesterday when the temperatures reached 50 degrees and I went and fired up the truck after being parked all winter and she fired up and ran good. Today though it snowed again! Darn getting our hopes up for spring too soon.

We are hoping the weather stays dry enough for us to go next weekend or the next one after that and get the trailer from the farm where we parked it at for winter. That will allow us to get it all ready for the trip to TN in time.

Of course we will also have to get the once a year oil changed along with all the filters in the HDT before we leave.

We will see everyone in about a month.

Dave & Debbie

Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Dave,

If everyone shows that signed up with Kim we are showing 51 attendees. Largest ECR to date. Still waiting on some registrations. I have logged 42. I'm ordering up temps in the mid to high 60's or low 70's with 7 days of sunny weather.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Interstate 75 is shut down both north and southbound just south of the Kentucky - Tennessee line due to a rock slide. The highway expect to be shut down for weeks per the Tennessee Department of Transportation. Hopefully it will be cleared before the rally, but anyone planning on coming that way, may want to check on it before they try it.

LINK TO NEWS ARTICLE

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

Interstate 75 is shut down both north and southbound just south of the Kentucky - Tennessee line due to a rock slide. The highway expect to be shut down for weeks per the Tennessee Department of Transportation. Hopefully it will be cleared before the rally, but anyone planning on coming that way, may want to check on it before they try it.

LINK TO NEWS ARTICLE

Thanks Jim, I had meant to post that but forgot. They expect to reopen by mid to late March.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Star Dreamer, where is home? Your weather describes mine exactly. I am 10 miles west of Duluth so I figure you must be close.

Mntom, we are just East of Rochester in the Southern part of the state just off of I-90. Are you planning on the ECR this year?

Today was a good day. Pulled our ECR arrival back to Friday. Got some specialty 14' ramps ordered. Found a welding / fab shop and reserved time for them to modify the deck on the Toy Draggin to use the ramps. Found a source for RivNuts for providing threaded holes in thin material. Two or three other somewhat related items got done or decided.

It didn't rain or snow. Doesn't get much better. Well, yeah, come to think of it, maybe it does. DW officially retired Friday. Turned the alarm clock off today.

Whoooo Hooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

Today was a good day. <<snip>>

It didn't rain or snow. Doesn't get much better. Well, yeah, come to think of it, maybe it does. DW officially retired Friday. Turned the alarm clock off today.

Whoooo Hooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to you and your bride. Let the fun begin.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Update on I75 closure north of Knoxville. Rocks keep sliding so projected date of reopening April 21. Paul this might affect you. Detour apparently ok but adds 30-45 min to drive.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the update on route 75. I also come down from the north on Rt. 75 thru Knoxville. I remember last year going thru Knoxville on the way home went the trailer tires decided no more for me. I meet a couple good old boys that were a big help to me. Those guys helped out to get home. If any thing changes on Rt.75, please post an update.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the update on route 75. I also come down from the north on Rt. 75 thru Knoxville. I remember last year going thru Knoxville on the way home went the trailer tires decided no more for me. I meet a couple good old boys that were a big help to me. Those guys helped out to get home. If any thing changes on Rt.75, please post an update.

Al

Here are the the detours.

For wide load carriers, TDOT advises that northbound trucks take Interstate 40 east to Interstate 81 North to Exit 8, the Morristown/White Pine exit, and follow U.S. 25E back to I-75 at Exit 29 at Corbin, Ky.

Southbound heavy-load traffic should take Exit 29 in Kentucky and follow U.S. 25 E into Tennessee and then onto Interstate 81 at Exit 8, the Morristown/White Pine exit

This mainly for cars but news shows commercial carriers following this route. May want to check with TDOT at 877-244-0065.

Motorists traveling I-75 South can take Exit 160 (Jellico). Follow US 25W / SR 297 West to SR 63 South, and then re-enter I-75 South.

Motorists traveling I-75 North can take Exit 134 (Caryville/Lafollette). Follow US 25W north to Lafollette, continuing to Jellico, and then re-enter

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Archived