Midsouth Camping in April

SpaceNorman

We're headed for Florida on January 9th however local commitments require that we return to Michigan in late February. I'm already starting to think about where to head after that - am thinking about heading out from Michigan at the beginning of April for roughly a month. I figuring to head far enough south to get to slightly warmer weather - but not so far as to be a second trip to the deep south. I'm thinking something in the Kentucky / Tennessee region.

Can anybody share their impressions of what the typical weather is in that part of the country in early / mid April? Perhaps recommend a few areas that would make a good destination in that part of the country during that time of year?

The Spacenorman

2012 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 43' DFT

2012 Jeep Liberty

Our Travel Website: www.penquinhead.com​

Perhaps recommend a few areas that would make a good destination in that part of the country during that time of year?

Wow, 330 views and not a single post about places to go.

On the trip North or South consider traveling US-61 known as the Great River Road or Blues Highway. Saint Charles where Lewis and Clark started their journey and Hannibal the childhood home of Samuel Clements are in my opinion worth a stop. There is a good Blues Festival in Clarksdale, MS in the middle of April. Also consider exploring the Nachez Trace Parkway. If you are into Civil War History, visit Vicksburg, Cornith, Shilo and Chicamauga. If you are/were an Elvis fan there is a nice museum at his boyhood home in Tupelo and Graceland in Memphis. Memphis has a lot of night life and lots of great places to see. Chattanooga also has a lot to see and do. In Kentucky Mammoth Cave, the Derby Museum, Kentucky Horse Park, Swope's Car Museum, Abraham Lincoln birthplace and the Bourbon Trail are just a few of the attractions available.

We traveled through Tennessee and Kentucky in April 2011 on our way from Texas to Maine. The temperatures were very comfortable, but we dealt with severe thunderstorms (including tornado watches/warnings) most of the month.

I will recommend Natchez Trace State Park in Tennessee as a beautiful park where we really enjoyed our time.

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

Archived