Campsite / RV Resort Reviews

usaperuvian

I know there is a link but I can't find my bookmark for it. Would you please share the link if you know it? Thanks,

Joani

Joani & Alberto, 1999 Rexhall Rexair 3550

We named our RV Our Casita and got personalized Idaho license plates "RCASITA" because it is our little house in spanish,

Our two dogs always travel with us, Badger 12 years old & Sheba 6 years old

The most comprehensive databse of campground and RV park reviews can be found here: http://rvparkreviews.com

There are other places where you can find reviews, but I'm a bit biased and think this is the best one. :rolleyes:

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

The most comprehensive databse of campground and RV park reviews can be found here: http://rvparkreviews.com

There are other places where you can find reviews, but I'm a bit biased and think this is the best one. :rolleyes:

I agree that rvparkreviews is good - we also look at rvparkey.com to see if there is anything different.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

Thank you, I didn't know about that one

Joani & Alberto, 1999 Rexhall Rexair 3550

We named our RV Our Casita and got personalized Idaho license plates "RCASITA" because it is our little house in spanish,

Our two dogs always travel with us, Badger 12 years old & Sheba 6 years old

I agree. There are others out there but nine times out of ten can't find the park I'm looking at. RV Park Reviews remains the best at this time.

2007 Arctic Fox 32.5 rls for full-timing, now sold.

2014 Sunnybrook Sunset Creek 267rl for the local campgrounds now that we are off the road
2007 Silverado 2500 diesel

Loving Green Valley, AZ (just South of Tucson)

I agree. There are others out there but nine times out of ten can't find the park I'm looking at. RV Park Reviews remains the best at this time.

Thanks for the compliment. By the time next year's camping season begins we hope to have Android and iPhone apps available to make RVPR even easier to use.

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador

We use RV Park Reviews and Trip Advisor. Forget the stars and read between the lines on the reviews. The problem is many of the reviews are posted by folks that frankly are not paying attention.

For a laugh read this review of Signal Mountain Campground in Grand Teton National Park: https://www.campendium.com/signal-mountain-campground

Here is my review: http://usbackroads.blogspot.com/2015/11/usbackroad-destination-signal-mountain.html. Boy, was I mad!!!

The best reviews are written by full-time RV'ers like Laurie and Odel, and others that currently posting on their travels. They really do pay attention.

To bad Laurie and Odel left the road...great reviews: http://wecallithome.blogspot.com/

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

In order of search:

-RV Parks Review (Do factor dates. And do get a feel for the various posters, as you will quickly find posters whose opinions match your own.)

-Google (Which may or may not make a hit on Trip Advisor)

-Nina's site, as I have been to many of the same parks and find her reviews match my assessment well.

http://wheelingit.us/category/rv-park-ratings/

I also will take a look at Google Earth, to check the area in general.

Joel - Looking forward to adding the upcoming apps for RV Parks Review!

Best to all, travel safe, have fun,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

-Nina's site, as I have been to many of the same parks and find her reviews match my assessment well.

http://wheelingit.us/category/rv-park-ratings/

Nina's site is absolutely wonderful with excellent descriptions of places they've stayed. It's very helpful if you have a big rig (they have a 40' motorhome) or if you enjoy boondocking (they do it often). They use public parks the majority of time.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

well i have not used rvreviews but i did at one point use trip advisor. an i'm totally against it. we had a very terrible time few yrs ago at sun n fun in sarasota ,florida. so much so that i went on an joined trip advisor. wouldn't let me post negative comments. At that point i realized its not a true advisory website.

2000 Itasca Horizon DP (Got Total During Irma). 

Vice President of Charlotte County Defenders LE MC

http://charlotte.defenderslemc.com/

well i have not used rvreviews but i did at one point use trip advisor. an i'm totally against it. we had a very terrible time few yrs ago at sun n fun in sarasota ,florida. so much so that i went on an joined trip advisor. wouldn't let me post negative comments. At that point i realized its not a true advisory website.

I've never had any problem posting negative comments on TA. I think that it uses a combination of automated and offshore folks to process its reviews. Your negative review may have contained some "trigger words" that got it rejected.

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador

TripAdvisor moderates fairly hard for the first few reviews. There are many reasons for this, including fake reviews and those posting just to gripe. A friend likes to call many fake or gripe reviewers "One and Dones", since they only put up one review. Once you have a number of reviews, 5 to 10, that they approve, you are given more freedom. I have about 130 reviews on TripAdvisor, a combination of campgrounds, hotels, restaurants and attractions. My reviews get published quickly and I have not detected any edits, though they do reserve the right to edit your review. I have learned to put photos on TripAdvisor first and wait until they are approved, before putting them anywhere else public. If the photo is already public somewhere else, it will not show up.

I do find RVParkReviews.com a better source of campground reviews. On TripAdvisor, campgrounds are somewhat hidden as "Specialty Lodging" under hotels and the review system is not geared to campgrounds, so many do not put up reviews.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the link! We have been to quite a few places that got high reviews on yelp, and when we got there the places were nothing like what they advertised and the half the amenities were out of order. 6 months on the road it has been hit or miss for us.

As one of the administrators of RVParkReviews.com I'm a bit biased, but we spend a lot of effort to ensure that our reviews are real and contain useful content. As a result, I feel pretty confident when I rely on RVPR exclusively for selecting an RV park. Like any review site, each reviewer grades a bit differently but, on the average my wife and I have found that we don't have problems at any park rated "7" and above on RVPR.

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador

A question for all of you. Do you post to RV Park Reviews when you stay at a CG. I try to. That is the only way newer dates will show up. This is a community effort but if you don't participate the information will get old.

Thank you. Furthermore, if you have a favorite CG that you go back to every year, we encourage you to post additional reviews each time you visit there. As someone who has been there before, you're the best able to see trends--is it just as nice this year or have some things slid a bit?

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador

I review every park visit, with the exception of those parks we return to within the 90 day RVPR minimum limit on re-reviews. RVPR is definitely our go-to site when researching new locations.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

...if you have a favorite CG that you go back to every year, we encourage you to post additional reviews each time you visit there. As someone who has been there before, you're the best able to see trends--is it just as nice this year or have some things slid a bit?...

We use RV Park Reviews and do post reviews of parks that do not have recent reviews, seem to have improved/declined, or are not mentioned at all. One of the down sides that we have encountered is that once a park starts to get good reviews and mention in almost every thread about travel to their area, it can get very difficult to get a spot when you want/need one. It has been three years since we have been able to stay at what was our favorite park in the Taos, NM area. We have also encountered this situation with Forest Service and Corps of Engineers Parks that are mentioned frequently on this and other forums. Since you can only review parks that you actually have stayed at, there is no way to warn others that reservations well in advance may be necessary.

Archived