Finding Business That Does Lab Testing

After our annual doctors visit, my doctor decided I need more lab work done but we're already 1000 miles from our home area.

I have looked up "Labs" and other variations of blood work drawn etc and just find LabCorp and another variation of them. Plus I find plenty of drug testing places.

Where do you find an office that will draw labs, file your insurance, and send the results to you doc? Or does a place exist?

This will probably be a quarterly item I need to have done. Any suggestions?

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

I did a google search on "where to have blood drawn" and got a string of possibilities (including LabCorp, but numerous others). If you are covered by insurance, they should have something on their website to tell you who is "in network". If medicare... I don't know since I am not yet involved with them.

You might also contact most any local doctor's office. They can probably draw the blood for a test and know where to send it.

Don

I should have added "A company that will file insurance" in my question. Yes lab corp and their subsidiary will drawn the labs, but its payment before being they draw and I file the insurance which is not fun for me.

Has anyone had luck with walking into a local hospital and handing the script to them?

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

We've had lab work done at local hospitals. Took the physicians order in, presented our insurance cards, they did the blood draw and sent the results back to our physician. Also do a goggle search for Quest Labs (especially if you are in the west), they have lots of labs and submit insurance claims.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We also have taken doctors orders to local hospitals for lab work. In fact the hospital is closer than the doctors office at home so our doctors just fax orders to the hospital. I also like having labs at the hospital because I can ask for the results and not wait on the doc.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

We also use Sonora Quest here in Mesa for our lab work. And Sonora is just part of the whole Quest network up and down the west coast. Between Medicare and our secondary insurance we never see a bill and they file.

Also, some of the pharmacy chains on the west coast now offer lab services.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Thanks for the answers.

We're in Alabama this winter. I'll check the local hospital tomorrow and see if they will do the draw. Most of the lab type places I called wanted to know what drug screen I need done. 1 gal started listing off Crack, Meth, Cocaine, THC, PCP etc. I said how about a endocrine panel and she said "HUH?"

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Find a Quest near you.

They even have a app that you can see your results. Usually much later.

But it does have a color graph on each one of the test from low to normal and high and what yours was.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Yes lab corp and their subsidiary will drawn the labs, but its payment before being they draw and I file the insurance which is not fun for me.

I've had no problems with LabCorp in a couple of locations accepting my insurance cards and not charging me for the tests. I did this most recently this spring at a LabCorp location in Maryland. They had no problem accepting my Medicare and supplemental insurance.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

I've had no problems with LabCorp in a couple of locations accepting my insurance cards and not charging me for the tests. I did this most recently this spring at a LabCorp location in Maryland. They had no problem accepting my Medicare and supplemental insurance.

I'll contact someone higher than the local collection office. It may be that I have an out of state provider. BCBS of South Dakota.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

I have used Quest and Labcorps most but have used local smaller hosptil labs a few times. I used the one in Livingston once, Deming once and last summer at Farmington NM. I have found some independent labs used by local or regional physicians groups. I agree it can be a little daunting locating them as they they are not listed much in a logical fashion in phone books or even easily sorted out by me on the internet. I definitly try to plan ahead and sometimes go in at least a day or two early to talk about what I need to do or furnish to get it done at their facility. All I have dealt with have been glad to file with the insurance and or Medicare. It is not unusual for them to require credit card information to cover anything that is denied for payment but I have never had it charged. I did have the results "lost" for several days at the Labcorps located near Rainbow Plantation so I almost had to go back for a retest but they located the results fortunately.

Getting lab work done while traveling is very easy to do. We've also used LabCorp, Quest, Sonora Labs and local hospitals. They have all done our insurance for us and we've never had to pay. We're on Medicare. Do you have a prescription for lab work?

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Archived