Door latch puzzlement on FL60

jblscooper

1996 Fl60(old I know), on the exterior door handles, there is a rubber plug? on the lower part of the handle assembly, just behind the paddle(handle). Anyone know what is behind it. Old as it is, I hesitate to remove and destroy the plug. It appears to be around 7/16 dia.

Jim

I checked my 2003 FL60 and I don't have a rubber plug in the door handle. The only rubber plug in the door is for the CB radio/ XM/Sirrius radio antenna but that is adjacent to the mirror support arm.

Sorry, can't help.

Perhaps you could use the resources of the Access Freightliner website and find an illustrated parts list (IPL).

Warren & Sandy

2006 New Horizons 36 ft 5ver

2003 Freightliner FL60 - Mountain Master conversion

I checked my 2003 FL60 and I don't have a rubber plug in the door handle. The only rubber plug in the door is for the CB radio/ XM/Sirrius radio antenna but that is adjacent to the mirror support arm.

Sorry, can't help.

Perhaps you could use the resources of the Access Freightliner website and find an illustrated parts list (IPL).

Too old, thanks

Warren & Sandy, on 11 Dec 2015 - 2:01 PM, said:

Sorry, can't help.

I have an M-2 and was curious about the Access Freightliner website. I seems to be for fleet owners only. Can an individual owner join?

• 2 weeks later...

My son has a 2005 Freightliner Columbia and we just replaced the broken vent window on the pass side. There was a plug on the inside door panel which when removed exposed a nut on a stud securing the door panel to the door. There were a lot of screws on this door and when you lift up and remove the door panel, someone needs to reach up inside from underneath to release the lock rods to fully remove the panel. You will need a T20 bit for the screws. We also tightened up the window regulator loose screws which got rid of most of the door rattles.

Greg

Archived