My Christams present. A UPS saga.

bruce t

OK this is not an RV story but one that some folks may relate to. Get yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy the ride!

I'm currently back in Australia for Christmas. Surfing the web I found myself a nice present. Found it in a store in Denton TX. So I made the purchase. An object about the size of a kids shoe box. I paid US$55.00 to have it shipped first class to Australia. UPS is sending me an email every time the parcel is handled.

So here is my parcels recent travel history!!!!

Day 1. 30th November. Store notified UPS that they had a parcel to pick up.

Dec 1. Parcel picked up from the store.

Dec 1 Parcel arrived at the Denton depot.

Dec 1 Parcel picked up from Denton depot.

Dec 1 Parcel arrives at Forth Worth depot.

Dec 2 Parcel departs Forth Worth depot.

Dec 2 Parcel arrives at Denton distribution center. <_<

Dec 2 Parcel departs Denton distribution center.

Dec 4 Parcel arrives at Chicago center.

Dec 4 Parcel departs Chicago center.

Dec 4 Parcel arrives at Chicago sort center.

Dec 4 Parcel arrives at Chicago distribution center.

Dec 5 Parcel departs Chicago distribution center.

Dec 7 Parcel arrives at Louisville center.

It has taken 7 day for the parcel to go first class from Denton to Louisville. Now tell me how long will it take to get to LA then to Sydney and then to my home town. Oh yeah and they promised a 10 day delivery for my $55.00.

Now if UPS and my $55 get me first class service what does the base $33.00 get you. A strong carrier pigeon?

Stay tuned. I'll post an update every few days. Be warned though that this may be a long thread.

regards

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sounds like it was shipped via UPS which is not the US Postal Service, since Louisville, KY is the national HQ for United Parcel Service. Looking at the UPS site under International Mail Services, I found the following information. I'm sure that this will cheer you greatly so will quote it here below! :P

International Mail Services

Our International Mail Services can help make participating in the global economy easier and more affordable by reducing the complexity and cost of mailing to more than 200 countries and territories. By relying on UPS Mail Innovations for processing and transportation, customers can realize significant labor and cost savings.

Handling both priority and economy classes of international mail, UPS Mail Innovations has a time-in-transit record that is one to four days faster than other international mail service providers.

Consider the following advantages mailing internationally with UPS Mail Innovations:

Experience proven speed and reliabilityWe provide the same level of outstanding speed and service for international mailings as we do with domestic mail. Once in our facility, we process and deliver to international postal authorities within 24 hours.

Reduce costs with simplified international postageUPS Mail Innovations helps save our customers up to 25 percent or more on most international mail. And, once we determine the areas a customer ships to the most, we can provide them with one postal rate to ship anywhere in the world.

Realize increased efficiencyProprietary technology enables us to process mail, generate manifests and alert global postal authorities, simplifying and expediting worldwide delivery. Our first class service transit times average 4 to 8 days, while economy services average 7 to 14 days.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

AS Kirk noted, there is a huge difference between UPS and USPS. Sometimes UPS will interline with USPS as the final delivering agent.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

That sounds like it was shipped via UPS which is not the US Postal Service,

----

Didn't the OP state that the shipper was UPS? I didn't see any reference in his post to the USPS; did I miss something?

+1.

Since we're mixing the letters, I ordered an item that was shipped via USPS (US Postal Svc, not United Parcel Svc) 3-day priority mail. Item was picked up on Dec 1. I'm still waiting. UPS isn't the only shipper with issues.

Thanks for cheering me up. Yes I reread my post and can't see where I strayed from UPS. I meant UPS and typed UPS, didn't I? I may have not read between my own lines. :)

Anyway today looks promising. Parcel arrived in Honolulu.

And wait there's more.

As I type this I got an email stating that the parcel has LEFT Honolulu.

I'm getting all excited. Do you think Santa may knock on my door with my parcel? Or just a man in a brown shirt.

regards

I had a UPS package that was to be a Tuesday deliver. And it was delivered today.

Next one scheduled for tomorrow.

One for Thursday.

And 1 anytime from Dec.23-Jan. 12(for MH)

When they get here my Christmas shopping will be done. :)

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

The latest.

Parcel is now in Sydney.

Seems getting from Dallas to Louisville was the hard bit. Once the carrier pigeon took off from Louisville it had a tail wind to Australia. Now lets see if it can go walkabout here in Australia like it did in the USA.

Getting all excited.

By the way I'll reveal the contents when it arrives. Keep in mind it's a present from me to me for Christmas.

regards

My UPS experience was a bit more complicated than expected too, but fortunately it didn't take a scenic route to Bruce! My order was shipped via UPS departing the shipper on Dec. 2, with predicted delivery on Dec. 4. On Dec. 4 I got a notice that it was delayed until Dec. 8, but on Dec. 7 I received an email at 9pm notifying me that the package had been delivered at 8:15 pm that date, having been left on our doorstep.I was skeptical since we were home the entire evening and I can see out of my front door from where I sit. I went out and checked, no package and none next door either.

This morning I checked all around again, nothing. About 8am a neighbor from the other end of the community stopped by to say that he had received a package addressed to me, left by UPS at his door at about 7:30 am. Sure is good to have trustworthy neighbors, even if UPS isn't. ;)

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We have a package currently wandering around lower NY state. DH talked to the shipper again tonight and had to help them understand that moving the package from Brooklyn to Long Island is not moving it closer to central NJ, no matter what they thought.

I have a package that's been in town since Friday afternoon. Tracking has shown status of "On truck for delivery" every day this week. Still hasn't been delivered... It's signature-required so Brown's been holding me captive in my own home...

I have a package that's been in town since Friday afternoon. Tracking has shown status of "On truck for delivery" every day this week. Still hasn't been delivered... It's signature-required so Brown's been holding me captive in my own home...

Did you get a notice that you can sign on-line? I have received such notice but haven't actually used it.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Wow I'm feeling pretty lucky. I ordered several thing around 9pm on Friday after Thanksgiving from 2 different retailers. Both were delivered on The following Monday. I did order something that shipped Monday UPS ground and is scheduled to arrive this Friday by cvlise of business. Let's hope it doesn't get slowed down!

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Kirk it's not technically bureaucrats. They are federal government employees. So it's much much worse!!! And typically they go on strike or a work slow down just prior to Christmas. Something to do with 'if we had more pay would would be better able to do our jobs'!!!!!! <_<

My confirmation email from Sears showed my black Friday order going to my SC campground. They delivered part of it to my SD billing address. I called and they don't have any record of any of it being shipped and gave me a refund and said when I get to SD I could take the items I did get there to a store and return them. I would have rather had my stuff that I got a great deal on than the refund, but they would not do that.

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

Archived