Has anyone tried the Karma Go?

I will just switch the Neverstop plan to their Go plan to have a back up.

That's a really interesting idea. If I'm reading the Karma website correctly you could switch to the Go plan for free, put 1 GB of data in there ($14) and let it sit indefinitely. When you needed a lot of data again you could change back to the Neverstop plan for free. Basically you can turn your unlimited data plan off and on for free for as long as you wish.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have connected my Desktop, Laptop, iPad & iPhone to it without a problem. But it will only let me have 3 of them connected. When I try to connect the 4th one, the Karma app on the iPhone or iPad will

ask me which Devise would I like to pause. After I click one of them. Then the connection will be made.

I never have had it ask me to sign in as a guest.

I contacted Karma support and they corrected my problem with an account adjustment. Logged my second device with ease. I am liking Karma more and more. It is very consistent with speed here at a fixed location. Whereas; my Verizon service slows down starting in the late afternoon and continues to get slower through the evening. I presume due to folks returning home from work.

For getting very many others to sign on to the Free Karma spot in your MH and slowing it down.

Karma says this: The range of Karma Go is about 100 feet. You'll want to be sure you're within this.

So in campgrounds they won't be many others around you that can get on.

And a lot of them will probably already have their own Hot spot or using campground WiFi.

14 days and 7.71GB used.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

For getting very many others to sign on to the Free Karma spot in your MH and slowing it down.

Karma says this: The range of Karma Go is about 100 feet. You'll want to be sure you're within this.

So in campgrounds they won't be many others around you that can get on.

And a lot of them will probably already have their own Hot spot or using campground WiFi.

14 days and 7.71GB used.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did a rather crude test and found the useable wifi range about 50-60 ft. Range is fine for personal use but may not be very useable for other RV's parked nearby.

4days and 1.07gb used

Also if anyone gets on your Karma and creates a 100mb account you get 1 dollar off your next bill. I found this out when I went to the movies and people were logging on and using it. Weird and a little creepy but i think I'm going to go troll the mall for some more Dollars!

I have now used the Karma Neverstop through over 1000 miles of travel from mid Atlantic states to Louisiana. Mostly back road travel with very little interstate. Presently at Palmetto Island state park near Abbeville. So far, have had 100 percent connectivity with speeds just as advertised by Karma when on the 4G network. Twice it dropped to 3G but still worked just fine.

I have now used the Karma Neverstop through over 1000 miles of travel from mid Atlantic states to Louisiana. Mostly back road travel with very little interstate. Presently at Palmetto Island state park near Abbeville. So far, have had 100 percent connectivity with speeds just as advertised by Karma when on the 4G network. Twice it dropped to 3G but still worked just fine.

Karma is really starting to sound appealing. Has anyone been using it a lot out west, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico? That's where we often travel and I'm curious about coverage.

Just look at the Sprint coverage maps and that tells the beginning of the story. From what I hear - like other providers - the coverage maps are sometimes "optimistic" but for the most part that will tell you where you have overage.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

After travel from mid Atlantic states to Texas, I am noticing that the Karma box has to be rebooted when moving any distance. It does not do a seamless handoff from place to place. Rebooting means holding the power button until the thing goes through a sequence of lights and it is up online again. It will show strong signal but will not allow my iPad a connection until rebooting.

HERE is the app I recommend for best determining cellular coverage areas.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

This is the app I use on my iPhone for direction of location/distance of Sprint Towers, iPhone speed test.

Data used and it looks for nearby WiFi hot spots.

It doesn't give coverage data.

But with the map location of the nearest tower, lets me put my Batwing mounted DT4G Wilson kit(Discontinued) antenna pointed in the right direction.

369070033.jpg

Karma Neverstop customers just received e-mails that usage has exceeded their expectations, and they are going to begin experimenting with speed reductions. Apparently, they never anticipated that customers might watch HD videos or do huge file downloads (despite that being what they marketed it as for).

For more of the story:

http://www.rvmobileinternet.com/karma-neverstop-now-claims-its-not-intended-for-extreme-use/

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

Karma Neverstop customers just received e-mails that usage has exceeded their expectations, and they are going to begin experimenting with speed reductions. Apparently, they never anticipated that customers might watch HD videos or do huge file downloads (despite that being what they marketed it as for).

For more of the story:

http://www.rvmobileinternet.com/karma-neverstop-now-claims-its-not-intended-for-extreme-use/

Whenever some abuse the purpose for anything it seems to get cut back or cut-off!!!

:) Living Life One Day At A Time!

KARMA now advertises on their website 2-3mbs (vice the 5mbs previously) and changed wording on what it's intended use should be. Here is their wording:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No data caps

Cancel anytime

4G LTE (2-3Mbps)

Get 3 personal devices online at a time

PERFECT FOR…

Daily usage, worry-free browsing, on-the-go work, travel, occasional streaming, and more.

No contract so they can change things anytime they want. <_<

Besides they originally said speeds up to 5Mbps so that could mean 1Mbps or less or more. :rolleyes:

I just ran a 6.2MB test and it got 1.02 to 1.78 with a average of 1.5Mbps

On my iPhone the same test gave me 2.66Mbps off the same tower.

Even at that 1.5Mbps speed I can watch YouTube without any buffering that I had with my $80 Hughes.net

So Karma is still worth the $50 a month for me even at lower speeds then first said.

But your experience can be different. And nothing is wrong with that. ;)

369070033.jpg

Archived