Tires, Freightliner and other Diesel RV's

Dale P

Let’s play a little game. To play all you have to do is reply to this post and answer all the questions below.

The real reason, is many people in the past have requested information on tires for various Diesel Pushers. However, sometimes when a reply is submitted there is little or no information related to the purchase of the tires.

Note I am hoping to keep this related to rigs 40Ft and over please. If you wish to add other rigs, please include your make, model and length please.

Thank you very much for your support.

Manufacture:

Size:

Load Range:

Place of Business:

City, State:

Date of Purchase:

Cost:

Installation Cost:

Miles as of today:

Susan & Dale
DaGirls Rv 2008 Alfa Gold SoLong ISL 425 Cummins
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Tow / Roadmaster Setup
1600W@45Vdc Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar

880AmpHr
DaGirlsRv Blog

Maybe you need to ask for tires of a certain size and over.

I don't know if my G670 275/70/22.5 tires are used on 40' or bigger MH's.

Bought for $3,145.80 out the door on 9/14/15.

Replaced the same size G670's put on 5/5/05 for $2,091.59 out the door.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

40 Ft or greater use 22.5 inch tires.

It is all about the information listed in the original post. I also added the option to post other related coaches as long as the make, model and size is added.

In doing it this way, I can create a data base for others to see what tires have been successful by their owners.

Susan & Dale
DaGirls Rv 2008 Alfa Gold SoLong ISL 425 Cummins
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Tow / Roadmaster Setup
1600W@45Vdc Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar

880AmpHr
DaGirlsRv Blog

22.5 tires on used on a lot of diesel pushers under 40ft. That's what our 36 ft has.

We run Toyo tires (truck tires, not RV tires) and buy replacements as we go through Oregon.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

yup, have a itasca horizon, 36d dp tires are 22.5

original one's (that were on it when i bought it, not new) were 275/80/22.5

the back 4 just replaced less than yr ago 295/80/22.5 altho they had to mount them deflated (for clearance reasons). $1500, got a deal at truck stop

front 2 replaced with 275/75/22.5 at local truck tire place for 800$.

This was in Ft Myers Florida area. mileage on them at moment is abt 150 miles. Only prob i have (minor one) is that if i do an air dump, have to put the level jacks down as coach would sit on tires. but the ride is awesome, an it seems an also i been told that because of size dif get more mpg.

2000 Itasca Horizon DP (Got Total During Irma). 

Vice President of Charlotte County Defenders LE MC

http://charlotte.defenderslemc.com/

I just priced 6 Sailun 275R70/22.5 LR H, tires; $2,200 mounted, balanced, installed on MH in my signature.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Some MH owners are unaware that truck tires will work just fine, are usually priced better, and are available almost anywhere.

Regards

Gemstone

But you do have to pay attention to load range, not just size. In our case, we need load range H and the easily available truck tires are load range G and those will be overloaded with our 13,200 front axle.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

Archived