Independent Lady

How many of you all have blogs?

I blog. There, I admitted it.

I enjoy writing words and occasionally stringing them together in which ultimately, they actually make sense. Writing is my fix to sanity. I find when I don't write the words just build up eventually taking on the characteristics of an an over inflated balloon. There are those most embarrassing times when the balloon bursts, speading words all over in some lunatic random fashion. So, I have to write. It prevents embarrassing moments - and warm beer. (its all quantum)

X2.....Yep

Drive on.........(Avoid........Warm Beer)

I have a travel blog from our family's adventure, but it is unfinished. Shortly after the last entry, we came off the road and life got busy. I do intend to finish it one day and make hardback keepsake books from it for each of our kids as mementos of their year around the country. http://coach-and-six.blogspot.com

I recently started another one about our latest scheme, but have only one entry so far. http://lifeinthebigbend.blogspot.com

I have a travel blog from our family's adventure, but it is unfinished. Shortly after the last entry, we came off the road and life got busy. I do intend to finish it one day and make hardback keepsake books from it for each of our kids as mementos of their year around the country. http://coach-and-six.blogspot.com

I recently started another one about our latest scheme, but have only one entry so far. http://lifeinthebigbend.blogspot.com

I just spent all morning reading this. It was a lot of fun to read about your adventures with 8 people around the country. And an FYI for the Bighorn Mountains...the passes aren't really that bad! Truckers and RVers go that way all the time (16 more than 14)

I just spent all morning reading this. It was a lot of fun to read about your adventures with 8 people around the country. And an FYI for the Bighorn Mountains...the passes aren't really that bad! Truckers and RVers go that way all the time (16 more than 14)

Thank you!

And yeah, we heard that about the Bighorn Mountains after the fact. Ah, well. Such is life. :)

Thanks everyone for all your responses. I've gone to each one of yours, and have some ideas now for my own. What I realize is that it's what ever we want to make out of it. Honestly, I knew nothing about blogs, never been interested in reading any before. I'm not on Facebook either, no interest in that.

But with so much ahead of me traveling, and since I love writing and photography, I can barely wait to start..

You are all quite interesting!!

Take care

Barbara

Wow! What an awesome change for you to live in Big Bend Nat'l Park! It's a favorite place of ours. Hope you enjoy it!

Wow! What an awesome change for you to live in Big Bend Nat'l Park! It's a favorite place of ours. Hope you enjoy it!

Eh, actually... I'm a bit leery of the whole situation! The kids and I aren't moving out there until summer, even though Steve is already living/working there right now. So I'm really enjoying city conveniences while I still can! (Two-hour Amazon delivery! Wahoo!) Ask me how it's going about a year from now... (LOL)

My blog is linked below. Love that I can look back to see where all I've been the past few years!

Lynne

Lynne, I just read a few pages of your blog, and bookmarked it to read more later. Your photography is amazing, as well as your positive spirit. You remind me of myself-

I plan to continue reading and glad you responded!

Hi Nick, I also read a bit of yours, and am very impressed with how you set it up and all the work it must have taken. I also plan to read more of yours!

I never would have known about all these blogs had I not asked, and glad I did!!

Barbara

As you are reading you will begin to see all of the different ways that people fulltime and start picking out things that interest you, things you want to avoid (usually experiences that might be avoided by some maintenance, change of route), a few things that you had never thought off, and loads of pictures to view on a rainy afternoon.

My blog is linked below. Love that I can look back to see where all I've been the past few years!

Lynne

Having fun reading your blog today since I have nothing to do at work. You are an amazing photographer (said one to another).

As someone else who is going to need to work while full-timing as a solo female RVer it is good to hear that I'm not the only one. I would love to find a tele-commuting/work-from-home kind of job that I can do online, but not sure how to find those so at least to start with I'm going to be either workamping or parked and doing a 30-40 hr week for 8 months at a normal job while exploring a different area each winter.

Thanks Dune. I was a project manager for a healthcare software company in my prior corporate life. Lots of tech jobs can be done from anywhere with an internet connection these days, and before I quit, I used to travel about 6 months a year and do my job from the RV. But even that became too stressful, so I finally divested of my sticks and bricks life, and lowered expenses enough to retire early. Now, I enjoy volunteering about 3-6 months a year at National Wildlife Refuges in exchange for a free RV site. If I ever have to earn an income again, I'll look for seasonal paying jobs along the lines of what Becky does from Interstellar Orchard. She's got some great seasonal job ideas!

Lynne