2002 Adventurer doors randomly won't open

GVJeeper

I have a 2002 Winnebago Adventurer. When I went to empty the garbage and then came back, my door was locked - I thought the dog did it. But no. I had to climb through a window to open it. Now I was just inside and went to go out and it wouldn't open - I had to call my neighbor. She got the door open by pushing in on the door while I opened it from the inside.

To add to this my driver's door won't open. But after letting me out of my coach, my neighbor when over to try the driver's door and it wouldn't open but when she came inside she opened it fine from the drivers seat. Once she closed it, she couldn't get it open again.

It's like there is some sort of hidden security thingy that makes my doors work then not work. Anyone have any idea why I would be having the same problem with two different doors?

Full-timer with my 2 cats FlipperDoodle & Buster

Originally from Northern Calif. (native)

2013 - 35 ft. Rockwood TT

GMC 2500HD Crew Cab

Probably worn out latch mechanisms. I have replaced a few of them over the years. Kind of unlucky to have two at once but quite possible. Did you get rid of the 2013 travel trailer in your signature?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Did you get rid of the 2013 travel trailer in your signature?

No, I'm stilling full-timing in my Rockwood TT. The post was for a friend.

GMC 2500HD Crew Cab

Problem solved. The local RV dealer took a look and all the mechanisms were fine. We have been in a cold spell and he attributed it to the drastic change in weather so he just spray the mechanisms with something and all it well. He also suggested Vaseline to lubricate them.

GMC 2500HD Crew Cab

. He also suggested Vaseline to lubricate them.

I would not use that for several reasons. Vaseline will get stiff in cold weather and might make the problem worse. In addition it will attract and hold dirt and grit in warm weather and could cause problems. I suggest that you use a dray spray of either silicone or of lithium lubricant. A molybdenum/lithium powder spray usually works quite well but will leave black marks if you use too much of it.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived