Jump to content
Yarome

Ecocamel Jetstorm vs Oxygenics

Recommended Posts

Well that was certainly pleasant!

 

I think most would agree that the Oxygenics shower head is pretty much the gold standard for RV'ing. I've always been a big fan... however... mines getting moved to the outdoor shower after trying the Ecocamel Jetstorm tonight. BIG difference!

 

The main difference was the water coverage. The jetstorm has a very wide round head vs the Oxy's rather directed flow. You don't have to do the 'shower dance' to get water where it needs to go. I actually purchased the Jetstorm Plus handheld model (they have fixed heads as well) that has three different water patterns (narrow, wide, and narrow + wide). The standard Jetstorm is is one wide pattern. The other main plus is that is uses 2.1 gpm's vs 2.5 gpm's and produces the same amount of pressure as my Oxy did. Maybe a touch more, but that could just be in my head.

 

Ecocamel is an English company so you have to purchase via their website for U.S. sales, or via eBay, however, their website is cheaper than any eBay listing I saw. $39.95 with free shipping and hose. Speaking of which.. their hose is quite a bit better as well. It's metal banded flexihose and much more flexible than the Oxy's. They also have an option to add a true shut-off for $7.95 (no trickle), but I didn't opt for that.

 

You might notice you can't go directly to the "plus" version. In the U.S. they are treating it as an upgrade rather than a separate unit. You add the Jetstorm to the shopping cart, then scroll down to the bottom of the page for the "add-ons". The Plus upgrade is $9.95. They ship from the UK and mine took 11 days to arrive. They have a 1 year warranty and a 60 day 100% money back guarantee.

 

If you already have an Oxy I don't know that it would be worth the additional expense. If you're a larger person and want more coverage it might be worth it.. or if you boondock much the water savings might be worth it, but Oxy's aren't exactly cheap throw-a-ways.

 

If you've been considering upgrading to an Oxygenics then I would definitely recommend going with an Ecocamel instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My coverage is handled by taking shower head from holder and directing spray where I want it. My Oxygenics has been in use for 5 years, love it.

 

I've love mine as well, but it is kind of nice to leave the shower head in the holder and be able to soak or rinse everywhere at once rather than one handed and doing the 'shower dance'. It also takes less time which equates to less water usage.

 

I was in the market for another shower head for my portable outdoor setup so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try the Jetstorm. Like I said before though.. I don't think it's worth trading out an Oxy for it.. unless water savings is all important.. but if some folks are looking to upgrade to an Oxy I think their money is better spent on a Jetstorm. JMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we bought our Class A the valve in the shower head would turn off the hot water mid shower. The dealer replaced it with one of those wide ones and I agree they are better. Feels more like standing in the rain so you get a more complete rinse.

 

Linda Sand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if anyone is interested, but I just received an offer from Ecocamel for existing customers only. It's a buy 1 get 1 free of their standard Jetstorm handheld shower heads. Offer expires May 16. $39.95 + free shipping (from the UK) for 2.

 

It looks like just a standard link and no particular verification as proof of being a previous customer is needed. I could be wrong, but if anyone wants to give it a try the link is as follows. It would be nice if anyone taking advantage of the offer to report back if your order is successful.

 

About 6 months now and I'm still loving mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just looked at the link from the first note and the website says it is a handheld but the pictures show a fixed and no mention of a flexible hose or a shutoff valve. Is the website wrong? I have emailed the company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just looked at the link from the first note and the website says it is a handheld but the pictures show a fixed and no mention of a flexible hose or a shutoff valve. Is the website wrong? I have emailed the company.

 

Hmm.. Dunno. For me, the links in post #5 show the handheld. Did you try the "link is as follows"? That should show the offer with 2 hand held heads and drop down menu options to add a shut-off, hose, or mount. When I originally purchased mine they had a promotion that included a hose (already had a shut-off and mount installed), but when I replaced the outdoor shower I purchased just the handheld head since I needed a shorter soft hose.

 

I don't know that I would purchase their shut-off and hose. Kind of spendy and not really all that much different than you can find in most home improvement stores.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I followed the link in the first note. I just went back and followed the link in #5 and it shows everything. Website needs to be a bit better in design to show all the components.

 

Being European I wonder if the threads are different than what is normal for a US shower head?

 

Think I'll stop at Lowes and see what they have and email Ecocamel about the threads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Being European I wonder if the threads are different than what is normal for a US shower head?

 

They matched up perfectly with my existing connections. I replaced the Oxygenics hose with theirs in the bathroom and just unscrewed the outdoor head off and their shower head on the existing hose. It certainly never hurts to ask though.

 

One "bit" that might be helpful. When I bought mine they said it used 2.1gpm (vs. Oxygenics 2.5gpm), but I've had the outdoor shower turned down to 1.5gpm and still get a pretty good shower out of it. Below that it just starts to "drizzle".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone interested... just received an email that they are doing their "for existing customers only" deal again.. buy one get one free for $39.95 + free shipping from the UK. Buy one get one link.

 

I'm not sure when it ends. It looks like they are re-using the same page from the last time. It says it expires May 15th, but the new email was just received today.

Edited by Yarome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2015 at 1:21 AM, Yarome said:

If you've been considering upgrading to an Oxygenics then I would definitely recommend goingan Ecocamel instead.

Having looked at both, EcoCamel for J and me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2015 at 1:21 AM, Yarome said:

Well that was certainly pleasant!

 

I think most would agree that the Oxygenics shower head is pretty much the gold standard for RV'ing. I've always been a big fan... however... mines getting moved to the outdoor shower after trying the Ecocamel Jetstorm tonight. BIG difference!

 

The main difference was the water coverage. The jetstorm has a very wide round head vs the Oxy's rather directed flow. You don't have to do the 'shower dance' to get water where it needs to go. I actually purchased the Jetstorm Plus handheld model (they have fixed heads as well) that has three different water patterns (narrow, wide, and narrow + wide). The standard Jetstorm is is one wide pattern. The other main plus is that is uses 2.1 gpm's vs 2.5 gpm's and produces the same amount of pressure as my Oxy did. Maybe a touch more, but that could just be in my head.

 

Ecocamel is an English company so you have to purchase via their website for U.S. sales, or via eBay, however, their website is cheaper than any eBay listing I saw. $39.95 with free shipping and hose. Speaking of which.. their hose is quite a bit better as well. It's metal banded flexihose and much more flexible than the Oxy's. They also have an option to add a true shut-off for $7.95 (no trickle), but I didn't opt for that.

 

You might notice you can't go directly to the "plus" version. In the U.S. they are treating it as an upgrade rather than a separate unit. You add the Jetstorm to the shopping cart, then scroll down to the bottom of the page for the "add-ons". The Plus upgrade is $9.95. They ship from the UK and mine took 11 days to arrive. They have a 1 year warranty and a 60 day 100% money back guarantee.

 

If you already have an Oxy I don't know that it would be worth the additional expense. If you're a larger person and want more coverage it might be worth it.. or if you boondock much the water savings might be worth it, but Oxy's aren't exactly cheap throw-a-ways.

 

If you've been considering upgrading to an Oxygenics then I would definitely recommend going with an Ecocamel instead.

But wait, in a solar thread, someone was telling me buying from other countries is wrong. Are some countries wronger than  others?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OldMan said:

But wait, in a solar thread, someone was telling me buying from other countries is wrong. Are some countries wronger than  others?

In part, yes. But you seem intent on learning from your own mistakes so didn't want to stand in your way. :D

Edited by Yarome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×