Top talent, low taxes, cheap beer: Surprising havens for your next startup

RV_

Here is a startling to me slideshow of places that because of investment in education and Internet infrastructure are becoming tech havens for real!

Knowing this I am now more ready to take tech announcements from these unlikely before this read today countries more seriously. I mean Rwanda?? Wait till you read the rest. Ground floor investment opportunities aren't just here anymore.

Excerpt from surprising country 1:

"Like, say, in Rwanda. Yep. Really. More than a decade after a brutal genocide that saw the murder of up to 1 million Rwandans, the east African nation is turning to tech to secure its future. And entrepreneurs are paying attention.

A new, nationwide 1,430-mile fiber-optic network and recent tax reforms (such as a 7-year holiday for investors and large cuts in the corporate tax rate) have helped build Rwanda’s reputation as one of the top sub-Saharan countries for new businesses."

The other surprising, I mean really surprising to me, countries like Rwanda, that are spending on infrastructure bears serious consideration. It is time we insisted on coast to coast broadband so our people can compete.

Worth a look here: http://www.zdnet.com/pictures/top-talent-low-taxes-cheap-beer-where-to-build-your-next-startup/

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived