Cats and Consoles

cmrayaustin

I became a Full-Timer a few months ago with my two Cats: Bullet and Remington. It took them a few weeks to stop hiding in the back closet, behind the sofa, and in the wardrobe closet. But the first few nights were insane. They made their way UNDERNEATH THE DASHBOARD CONSOLE..way up into it. They stayed there for 8 hours or so. I wasn't worried about them so much because I knew they would eventually come out. But it was about 105 degrees outside in Texas AND I was worried they would damage wiring or whatever other connections are up in there. Finally I took off the upper dashboard and got them out. I covered the floorboard area with a nicely fitted vinyl cover with Velcro. It looks like it was made for it. Not only does it keep them out, but it also keeps that area free of cat hair, dirt, kitty litter, etc. Now, they have the top of the dashboard as their little sleeping area with blankets and beds and pillows and they have the best window view. They are really happy now. I only had to fix a few wires that they got caught in.

post-53755-0-18383100-1446509985_thumb.jpg

post-53755-0-38456800-1446509995_thumb.jpg

Cats can be a challenge when they feel stressed, covering the areas you don't want them into is the best way to go. A lot of folks cage their pets while traveling which is not a bad idea, it keeps them safer and avoids any problems from escape attempts at fuel or food stops. Our cats didn't take to the cages but we were able to get them to settle into spots in our fiver where they were happy to travel.

Have you seen the wire cages some folks use, hanging outside of a window so the cats can go outside while still being protected from other animals and restrained from escaping?

lots of great ideas here: https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=920&q=rv+cat+window+cage&oq=rv+cat+window&gs_l=img.1.0.0.2507.7818.0.11247.13.8.0.5.5.0.99.660.8.8.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..0.13.667.l0jyJg32KsY

2iw6bdx.jpg

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Archived