RICKW are you still above water

Brad & Jacolyn

Good Morning Rick,

We are in Texarkana, Tx now and keep hearing about how bad the flooding is down your way so I thought maybe someone should check if you are treading water. Do we need to send a boat?

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Heck, I'm glad I am in Louisiana instead of home. We've gotten 2-3 inches here in the last 2 days, but they have had 8-9 inches in the last 24hrs at home.

Dallas, where RickW is, got about the same. Corsicana, Texas (poor bastards) got over 21 inches.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

A few miles seems to make a pretty big difference. I'm in Denton--while it rained quite a bit Thursday driving down here (I-35E was closed in a few spots for a little while), Friday and Saturday were decent (but gloomy) days to be outside. Yesterday was never more than a drizzle, and the race this morning was fine except for wind. A 15mph headwind on the bike course definitely slows things down!

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

We left Houston early this morning and had to take I610 around the north side due to I10 being closed to flooding near the I45 junction. Rained pretty hard most of the way to Breaux Bridge but has stopped this evening.

Big5er, where are you located here in wet Louisiana? We are at Poche's RV Park north of Beaux Bridge - great park by the way!

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

We are at Port Aransas, TX on Mustang Island. Surprisingly we only got about 4 inches of rain. Been cool and windy all day today until late afternoon and then had a beautiful sunset. It appears the worst rain was north of us, Best Wishes, Jay

2015 Continental Coach Elegance by Forks RV, 41'; 2015 FL M2 112, DD 13, by 2L Custom Trucks; Trailer Saver air hitch; '48 Navigoddess with a Rand McNally GPS

Lenp, I'm not too far from you. I'm in Eunice at Lakeview Park. The people I am with say good things about Poche's. I'll be here for another week.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Brad - We are safe and dry. We got 7.75" of rain over 48 hours. Most of came down Friday morning from 8am thru 1pm. Our swim fins and floaties where kept close by but not needed. At one point it was raining so hard with the wind blowing that the rain was being pushed up the roof of the shop and in to the ridge vent. Not a lot of water but enough to notice. Our driveway (.6 mile of gravel) is very waterloged even after the fresh 200 ton of rock placed on it just a few weeks prior to the rally. The ground is water logged enough that I had a slide close to the drive as it crosses the creek. Safely passable but one more thing on my to do list to fix before it rains again this coming weekend. Forecast is showing another 2" possible.

We had cracks in the ground big enough to hide Smart cars in, not now. The stock pond (aka puddle) was almost dry, it is now 3/4 full. It has been crazy, we had lots of rain in the spring then a long hot, dry summer and now all this rain again at once. Navarro County (Corsicana, TX) has really been hit hard with the rain as most know. They also got hit pretty good this past spring too so this has kinda been a 1 - 2 punch for them.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Glad to hear that you guys are ok. Our inquiring minds wanted to know.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

We're here in Eunice as well enjoying all things Louisiana. J&V

J&V with Edina (RIP), the wonder dobie and
Net Proceeds our 2005 Volvo VNL630 256" WB. Focus SVT on the back, in the garage. ET Hitch controlling the articulation. Jackalopee controlling the 'juice'. 2002 Teton 39' Grand Sundance
All still a work in progress.
Photos and comments at http://gallery.ournetproceeds.com

Glen,

We are in 67. Look for the F150 with a boat on top. Leaving Wednesday for Grand Isle.

Big5er, Enjoy the Cajun country. Wish I had more time here at Poche's and we would run up and have a look at your 780. I pulled a 40 foot Heartland Landmark with a IH 4400 and dreamed about a bigger truck for years before moving to current MH.

be safe!

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

Archived