High Pointe Convection/Microwave

SWharton

I decided to try the convection portion last night. What a bust!!! I wanted to heat up a pizza, preheat to 375 took 30 minutes, went to set the time to 15 minutes and the max I could set it for was 9 minutes(only single digits). I finally gave up and preheated the toaster oven, popped the pizza in and it was ready in 15 minutes. This was my first experience with a convection oven, if they are all like this why bother with them? Is there something wrong with my oven. The microwave portion works fine.

I followed all the directions in the manual that came with the oven.

I have a Whirlpool Gold Velos Convection Microwave Oven. I LOVE IT. Unfortunately they don't make it any more. It has a max 2 hours baking, it broils and it speed cooks. Lots of presets that I love ie brownies and steamed veggies. It also has a 16 inch turntable for big pizzas. Not that we need big pizzas but we treat ourselves every now and then. I use the halogen broiler to brown or heat up things more quickly.

I believe this unit is similar to the Whirlpool: GE Advantium but it was more expensive and not rated as well at the time I had my installed (2009) the reviews now are much better.

Here is another thread about High Point Convection Ovens

We have had Sharps in both our rigs and they have worked flawlessly. Not familiar with your brand and sorry it isn't working well for you

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

I decided to try the convection portion last night. What a bust!!! I wanted to heat up a pizza, preheat to 375 took 30 minutes, went to set the time to 15 minutes and the max I could set it for was 9 minutes(only single digits). I finally gave up and preheated the toaster oven, popped the pizza in and it was ready in 15 minutes. This was my first experience with a convection oven, if they are all like this why bother with them? Is there something wrong with my oven. The microwave portion works fine.

I followed all the directions in the manual that came with the oven.

I have a high pointe and it's great. I can set the timer for what ever I want. Do you have the owners manual?

I haven't used the propane oven for 2 years.

Anyways you will figure it out and once you do you will probably love it.

James

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired

I'll try it one more time as a convection. I will again follow the instruction manual step by step. I don't have a propane oven but do have a toaster oven as my

fall back.Works OK as a microwave but takes longer because it is such a low wattage. My daughter has a KitchenAid and loves it. Maybe it is just a learning curve but I 30 minutes to preheat is a bit much.

OK. I need some help. I read the instructions this morning on using combi. Fine, The instructions say to press Combi, set the time and hit start. That works.

In the paragraph before the step by step instructions it says I can use Combi for a wide range of temperatures. No where does it say how to set the temperature.

Has anyone figured this out? If so, how?

Archived