2007 Volvo

Rick & Alana

Don't know anything other than posted. Just stumbled across it.

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/rvd/5238201356.html

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

Never understood why people list things for sale without at least washing them first. Isn't the reason we want to see pics it to judge condition? If that this was detailed out at a cost of $3-500 it could look like a $30-40K truck!

1999 Peterbilt 385 C12 430/1650 13spd

2006 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4

2010 Hitchhiker Champagne 36 LKRSB

Wow people?

I understand it's not finely detailed, but it is a truck (to most folks). Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Also, what is the reason for the curry remark? Curious?

Curt

2001 Freightliner Century, 500hp Series 60, Gen 2 autoshift, 3.42 singled rear locker.

2004 Keystone Sprinter 299RLS (TT)

2 & 4 Wheelers!

2013 Polaris Ranger 800 midsize LE

Our motto "4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!"

Wow people?

I understand it's not finely detailed, but it is a truck (to most folks). Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Also, what is the reason for the curry remark? Curious?

Curt

Dang it - now I am craving murgh makhani for supper tonight!

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Ad reads "has had the best of care". That truck if FILTHY. If a person would let it get that dirty they would not properly do maintenance either. I'll pass!

I maintain my almost 200000 miles on it and still going strong pick 'em up truck pretty good. But after the last couple days moving cows'z there is a bit of cowchit tracked in on the Weathertech mats.

I see a motorsickle carrier on the back of that truck. Lack of showroom detailing of the 4 wheeled appliances and clumsy RV's is a common issue among motorsickle riders that should be addressed! :)

I see a motorsickle carrier on the back of that truck. Lack of showroom detailing of the 4 wheeled appliances and clumsy RV's is a common issue among motorsickle riders that should be addressed! :)

Addressed.

If you're in a "pIckle" - whether to clean or not - - ya just gotta decide.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvLtNBm1yyA

I maintain my almost 200000 miles on it and still going strong pick 'em up truck pretty good. But after the last couple days moving cows'z there is a bit of cowchit tracked in on the Weathertech mats.

Motorsickle ride'n comes before clean'n. It's a a matter of priorities.

Ain't nuthin' wrong with a little cow poop on the pickup floor either. Smells like money.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Ok children..........remember your Nomex undieeees before ya start playin with your flame-throwerzzzz........

Drive on...........(with clean floor matzzz.........)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Addressed.

If you're in a "pIckle" - whether to clean or not - - ya just gotta decide.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvLtNBm1yyA

Oh great thanks Pappy now that tune is stuck....

Motorsickle ride'n comes before clean'n. It's a a matter of priorities.

Ain't nuthin' wrong with a little cow poop on the pickup floor either. Smells like money.

Yup & yup ...

& to make matters worse I went for a bike ride vs cleaning again! shhhhh :o

and we had a curry supper since too!

If I had seen this truck before I bought mine, I would have taken a serious look at it. Dirty, yes. Not maintained properly, maybe. Most of a good RV hauler, definitely.

One thing is for sure, there's nothing $100k wouldn't solve on this truck. :P

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

Deezl, if you come to the ECR in Crossville, TN, I guarantee that you will NOT be nitpicked and judged. You will just have a great time with people who have better things to do than that. Not many of our rigs are Show Stars, they are tools that we employ to tow our campers wherever we want to go. My rig with my home made bed, is for my enjoyment and not to please someone else. If they think my rig is "filthy", they are welcome to spit shine it 'till their heart is content. I might even offer them a cold beverage. Don't let the comments of a few people keep you from the enjoyment of a rally. I have not been able to make it to the national rally yet but I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut that it is pretty much the same, spirit -wise, as the ECR. Charlie

Don't ever tell a soldier that he doesn't understand the cost of war.

Note to self: Never mind going to a rally. They'll just nit pik and judge you to death. :(

Deezl, thereare only two other persons on this thread (bmzero, Rick and Alano) who was actually at the most recent rally (National) (plus myself), and your statement doesn't deserve to be pointed at any rally. Nobody on this thread said anything that even sounded close to what you're claiming and in fact ALL folks are invited to all of the rallies. There certainly isn't any nitpicking going on, and all of us enjoy all the different setups that meet the needs of it's owner.

The only thing we can rightfully judge is your wrongful statement.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

On the website they say it's a 770 with the top chopped off and 670 top put on. Strange. Sure looks like a 730 to me.

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

On the website they say it's a 770 with the top chopped off and 670 top put on. Strange. Sure looks like a 730 to me.

The 730 is a slightly different cab. The sleeper portion of the cab is wider than the front (where the doors are) and about a foot longer. This one is a 630.

So they did top a 780 with a 630. Neat. That explains the interior needs finishing.

Still has potential

I always thought about doing this but the inside work seemed to be the worst of if.

Be interesting to see what kind of job they did with the roof.

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

So they did top a 780 with a 630. Neat. That explains the interior needs finishing.

Still has potential

I always thought about doing this but the inside work seemed to be the worst of if.

Be interesting to see what kind of job they did with the roof.

To me, the entire cab looks to be from the 600 series. I don't see anything that hints at 780. Maybe I'm missing something.

It's also possible that the guy writing the description isn't familiar with the truck and just guessed. We're probably the only group that would have a conversation about it. :rolleyes:

They may have put a 630 roof on a 670, but not on a 780. I'm with bmzero on this one -- there's no way that you can make a 730 out of 780 without a 730 roof. It's also the narrow cab with no side windows.

Someone found a 670 with the drop-ship optional workstation installed in it, then converted it to mid-roof by swapping the 670 roof for a 630 roof.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

Note to self: Never mind going to a rally. They'll just nit pik and judge you to death. :(

Deezl.... I hate to tell you but at the HDT rally, we had new trucks, old trucks, clean trucks and dirty trucks (mine was in the later category.... never could understand a wax job and clean interior when I had 1,000 mile of bugs to drive through to get home....) but everyone enjoyed each others company and learned some new things as well. Some trucks had beds, others didn't, some came with a garage, mine had two extra doors.... The main thing is that they ALL made it to the rally and we all had fun.

You should try it some time... If nothing else, make a run to the ECR... It is more of a social event with a fishing lake than something formal.

In fact, mine is at work with me today..... Felt like driving it in this morning.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

They may have put a 630 roof on a 670, but not on a 780. I'm with bmzero on this one -- there's no way that you can make a 730 out of 780 without a 730 roof. It's also the narrow cab with no side windows.

Someone found a 670 with the drop-ship optional workstation installed in it, then converted it to mid-roof by swapping the 670 roof for a 630 roof.

Yup you guys are right on. I guess the pic in my phone looked like that truck was dif then it really was. I can see it now. Yikes.

I'm starting to wonder if it isn't a new trend to leave items dirty on the sales lot? We looked at a Newmar toy hauler at Camper World in Greenwood, IN a couple of months ago. It was in sad shape, dead batteries, awning half out, one flat tire, dirty. The salesman mentioned that if we bought it there would be a $795 "detailing fee" to clean it up and get it ready for us. We walked, no, ran.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Judy and I have been to the ECR and are planning on going again this year. We were "newbies" last year and got treated like we had been there a long time. It's a great facility and we've made lifelong friends, and learned a few things too!

Denver and Ms Judy Geitgey

2006 VOLVO 780

41 ' Redwood

NTPA Event Announcer

dngeitgey@gmail.com

event.png

Archived