1 dish, 2 receivers, 2 TV's.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: you need to use a switch in the line from dish to receiver. A splitter can be used between the receiver and television.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

It depends on the dish. Not sure what dish you are using. I have a Pathway X2 and it has two coax connecters. I can run two coax cables, one to each receiver, and each receiver can be tied into its own TV. I only have one receiver so I have not actually tried to do this but it can be done. I have Dish not DirecTV so not sure if it can be done with DirecTV.

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

With a Dish receiver you can split the HDMI output to go to multiple TVs with little problem but you need a HDCP compliant splitter. Monoprice.com has several that work well and are fairly priced.

When splitting the HDMI it will negotiate a resolution setting that will work on all of the connected TVs so it can drag your 1080 big set down to whatever your second set will support. Best solution is to make sure both sets support 1080 resolution.

Depending on the Dish box you have you may also have multiple outputs, coax for SDTV, component (5 RCA connectors) for analog HD and HDMI.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Archived