JRP

Verizon charges for unlimited

I doubt this will be the end of it. With the price increase and my data usage this will get very close to my break even point. I'm not going to rush into anything but this puts giving into Big Red in play for me.

I saw that on another website today, but even at $20.00 more per month, I am still getting a bargain.

That's how I feel. We're not even at the midpoint of our monthly billing cycle and have used nearly 40GB. We just started watching British mysteries on Acorn TV and our streaming time keep increasing. Eventually we'll probably get to the point where our unlimited plan usage and cost breaks even with a more conventional plan, but we're not there yet.

Speaking of Verizon, something I've been wondering about is my phone will show 4 bars, while when I log onto Verizon for my internet on my laptop, I'll have 1 bar. What's the deal with that?

Howdy!

We have a old data only unlimited (no phone) account with Verizon that cost $59.99 a month. Problem is it is only 3g and Verizon will not let us up grade it like others with unlimited data and phone service. If we want to upgrade to 4g we lose our unlimited. We still use a great deal of data on on our 3g MiFi 110 GB last month. So paying a little extra to be able to upgrade to 4g I think would be worth it for us. The question will be if our data only service falls under this new Verizon unlimited plan?

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

Howdy!

We have a old data only unlimited (no phone) account with Verizon that cost $59.99 a month. Problem is it is only 3g and Verizon will not let us up grade it like others with unlimited data and phone service. If we want to upgrade to 4g we lose our unlimited. We still use a great deal of data on on our 3g MiFi 110 GB last month. So paying a little extra to be able to upgrade to 4g I think would be worth it for us. The question will be if our data only service falls under this new Verizon unlimited plan?

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

Why dont you buy a 4G air card, not from Verizon, but from ebay or other third party source, and just change devices? That is what we did a few years ago, and Verizon had no problem with that.

Howdy!

Paul, I have spoke with Verizon on a number of occasions regarding purchasing my own equipment from them or a second party. Every time they state regardless if I move to 4g we lose our unlimited service and have to choose a new data plan.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

Howdy!

Paul, I have spoke with Verizon on a number of occasions regarding purchasing my own equipment from them or a second party. Every time they state regardless if I move to 4g we lose our unlimited service and have to choose a new data plan.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

Looks like I was lucky to do it when I did. They have no doubt changed their rules since we switched.

Not looking forward to my next Verizon bill, but did check out my latest use over the summer in Iowa. 33gb one month and 35 for another. Guess I was getting my monies worth before the $20 raise. Won't be using the WIFI at the park any more .