Propane Tank Certification?

Velos

I haven't pulled an OPD apart, but a guess is they have o-rings or seals of some kind. If so, a ten year recert should involve changing elastomers.

So insurance carriers probably require certification to rebuild gas valves. Labor costs would be so high rebuilding is probably not economic in the field.

So you're looking at a new or factory rebuilt replacement.

Just a bunch of guesses but the numbers work.

Geo

George,
Suzuki Celerio 998cc

Yamaha NMAX scooter

Work ride is Western Star N2 Tri-Tri tanker at 56,500kg loaded

Just had a Canadian re-cert done on a 100 lb tank. Involved draining balance of contents to a burner, pulling the old valve, visual inpection inside & out, hydro, vacumn pump to remove moisture and aid purge, and refill. Re-cert to purge totaled $70. A new tank at Costco this summer was $135, but they didn't have any left in stock. The 100 pounder still uses the internal thread on the valve, so an adapter was also purchased to connect to the RV.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

I had an expired 30 lb cylinder recertified yesterday at an Amerigas refiller in upstate NY. The 5-year visual inspection took about 10 minutes, with most of time spent stamping the new date on the collar one digit at a time. Since I also had the cylinder and the coach tank filled at the same time, there was no charge for the recert.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Archived