Another question to my washer dryer help

rving4us

The washer and dryer are here. Anyone cut the dryer vent hole themselves? I'm scared to cut into the full body paint. It looks like a simple job, but I know there is no room for mistakes.

The dealers around here say about 4 hrs at $110.00 per hour. Ouch

Any Advice?

2014 Ram,4x4,dually,CC Cummins

2011 Carriage Cameo 37KS3

full body paint, Most options except Generator

SKP# 123923

I haven't cut a dryer vent but I have drilled holes for a variety of reasons in our sidewalls. Selecting a good quality hole saw will insure a clean cut. Dryer vents have a flange that will cover any minor imperfections caused by the hole saw.

It certainly is NOT a 4-hour job! Not sure what they plan on doing to your coach during the remaining 3-1/2 hours :wacko:

Mark

Mark & Sue---SKP#86611
'06 International 4400LoPro DT570 310hp 950ft-lbs.-Allison--3.70 gears
'05 36' Teton Liberty
'12 BMW F650 twin

I would be more concerned about finding a clear space that does not contain any structural members or wires in the wall. Not clear that a Home Depot type guy is going to know how to do this in an RV wall. Be sure that its location won't create any kinks or sharp bends in the exhaust hose which should be as short as possible.

Think in terms of how easy/ hard it will be in the future to clean out the accumulated lint without physically removing the dryer.

Above all, be sure that you have a good seal around the outside vent facia. A small water intrusion over time is a really big deal in an RV wall.

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

Look closely in your washer closet. Both of our rigs had a clearly marked area for the vent

In our 5th wheel it was not in the correct place. We used the appropriate size hole saw and cut it ourselves. I certainly winced during the process but all was well

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Well it is done. the washer and dryer are in, and the vent is cut. What a job. having to lift the dryer on and off several times by my self, I need a hot tub. Carriage didn't give a 16th of an inch to spare. Matter of fact the door would not close because of the inside door knob, but that is an easy remedy with a plate on the inside. Who needs a door knob on the inside of a closet anyway? Now we need to figure how much to load and how much detergent to use. The DW will have to figure that out.

Thanks to everyone for you advice and opinions. this group is awesome.

Cary & Toni

2014 Ram,4x4,dually,CC Cummins

2011 Carriage Cameo 37KS3

full body paint, Most options except Generator

SKP# 123923

Loads generally are 3 Pair of jeans and 3 T shirts. That's a good weight guide. A weeks load of undies for 2 or a set of queen sheets are also about right. Mine does not like cotton Bathmats or throw rugs.

If its a front loader then use a detergent that is marked "HE" for high efficiency. Use the smallest amt marked on the cup

I just tried the new Tide advertised as "6xpower 1\2 time &temps". The cycles were significantly shorter and laundry clean.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Archived