Denver or Aurora Colorado

Cookie1

Denver has one Mobile/RV and it is right near the University of Colorado Hospital where we need be for the next 2-3 days. It is a very scary unsafe park and we wouldn't even walk the dogs there! We usually stay at Buckley Air Force Base, but they are booked up! Cherry Creek State Park (VERY nice BTW) may have a walk-in but can't find out until noon, to late for scheduled procedure tomorrow. Any ideas? :unsure:

Cookie & Comer

Queen Punky Brewster

2015 Entegra Cornerstone

2015 Grand Cherokee

Facebook. CookieRv

Life Rocks When Your Home Rolls

Check the Fairgrounds in Golden. I stayed there for 3 to 4 months a few years ago. Very clean bathrooms and showers then. No full hook ups, Water and electric only. Overflow lot Gravel sites.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Thank You Rod, we need to stay as close to the metro area as possible. Most of the Walmarts don't allow overnight parking.

Cookie & Comer

Queen Punky Brewster

2015 Entegra Cornerstone

2015 Grand Cherokee

Facebook. CookieRv

Life Rocks When Your Home Rolls

There is a KOA about 30 miles east on I-70. Never been there so I cannot judge, but the reviews look good.

We stay at Cherry Creek in spring and fall, but that KOA is my back-up if we cannot get into Cherry Creek.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

Thank You Rod, we need to stay as close to the metro area as possible. Most of the Walmarts don't allow overnight parking.

I don't think you will get much closer to metro Denver. There is another park west of the Fairgrounds, Dodge something. Expensive, tight but another option. Did stay at a place you can see from I 70 East of Denver. Don't recall the name. Large place but dusty with mostly gravel sites and roads.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Have you checked with hospital? Often times they will allow RV parking somewhere in their parking lot. No hookups usually but if you can boondock for a couple of days it might work. Good luck. Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

Have you checked with hospital? Often times they will allow RV parking somewhere in their parking lot. No hookups usually but if you can boondock for a couple of days it might work. Good luck. Dennis

Yes, no where a 43' rig will fit. one of the cons' of a Big rig. We got a spot at Buckley thank God!

Archived