Millenicom Replacement ?

Max Signal

I guess I must have missed something ... Why the need to check data usage if data is unlimited ? and why would you have to be familiar with a jet pack ? Jet packs are a Verizon device .

I guess I did miss something. After reviewing it again I see it does say unlimited.

Steve and Liz
2016 Newmar Ventana 4041 DP
2011 Ford Edge, Blue Ox Aventa Tow Bar

http://fulltimingit.com

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I must have missed something ... Why the need to check data usage if data is unlimited ? and why would you have to be familiar with a jet pack ? Jet packs are a Verizon device .

If you know how much you are using, you can make informed decisions on replacing OmniLynx if it goes away. People ask here all the time, "how much bandwidth do I need?"

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

How many days did it take to receive the device? Ordered mine a few days ago and have not received it yet. Actually not worried just getting anxious to have it! <G> I've got tons of "unlimited" stuff I want to start! :D Dennis

On Edit: Thanks for the reports folks. I'm still well within the time limits you've reported. Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

We ordered ours on 9/3 and received it on 9/10.

We're hearing reports of delivery being anywhere from 2-7 days so far. Orders placed on this past Tuesday or after have a warning that expected shipping is now 7-10 days due to the backlog. Believe there have been over 2000 orders placed since this story went live last Thursday.

- Cherie

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

I just spoke with Customer Service they are stil having some backlog problems and although I ordered and paid on Tuesday the 8th my unit still hasn't shipped. They are expecting mine to be shipped/picked up by Fed Ex this afternoon. They gave me my tracking number and I should expect it by Tuesday the 15th.

As Cherie stated they have been inundated with over 2000 new orders in the last 12 days.

Was wondering if anyone was using an antenna with this jet pak already and if so, which one and how well is it working? Sort of not wanting to hook up an antenna as I have found it causes damage to the jet pak where antenna connects. Anyone else had this problem?

Alan & Andi

2016 Dodge Ram 3500 dually 4x4

2012 Toyota Camry ( Andi's follow car)

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 ( Business Truck)

2009 Wilderness Travel Trailer

If you know how much you are using, you can make informed decisions on replacing OmniLynx if it goes away. People ask here all the time, "how much bandwidth do I need?"

That makes good sense , but , I don't think that's why they were asking . And , that's OK , too . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

Was wondering if anyone was using an antenna with this jet pak already and if so, which one and how well is it working? Sort of not wanting to hook up an antenna as I have found it causes damage to the jet pak where antenna connects. Anyone else had this problem?

The 6620 that comes with this plan has a single 'test port'. There are antenna adapters out there that will fit it, but the port is very fragile and not designed for regular use. But folks do use them - just make sure you get one optimized for all the latest LTE and XLTE frequencies.

We personally use ours with a booster instead (we're currently doing extensive head to head testing of all the current 4G mobile boosters on the market).

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – Huntsville City Schools made a discounted Wi-Fi service, called OmniLynx, available to parents, on January 15th.

The service is provided through Verizon and currently available to Huntsville City Schools employees. The district is extending the discounted program to families of Huntsville City Schools students as a way of increasing the capacity for networked learning to further support the digital 1:1 initiative.

Huntsville City Schools

Students 23,374

Teachers 1,738

Staff 1,114

So how many on this forum that ordered one has a student in those schools? :rolleyes:

You think it will go by the way of Millenicom after Verizon finds out all the non student parents getting it.

Verizon Plans

• 4GB $30.00
  • 6GB $40.00
  • 8GB $50.00
  • 10GB $60.00
  • 12GB $70.00
  • 14GB $80.00

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

To the naysayers that think the Huntsviile OmniLynx program is only for students or student's families, aside from reading a 9 month old announcement, try looking at the OmniLynx website order form. They are not accepting any more orders at this time due to a shortage of 6620's, but note the "General Public" selection that was recently added to the form when they opened the program up to everyone. I suspect Verizon is quite well aware of what the Huntsville SD is doing.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – Huntsville City Schools made a discounted Wi-Fi service, called OmniLynx, available to parents, on January 15th.

The service is provided through Verizon and currently available to Huntsville City Schools employees. The district is extending the discounted program to families of Huntsville City Schools students as a way of increasing the capacity for networked learning to further support the digital 1:1 initiative.

Huntsville City Schools

Students 23,374

Teachers 1,738

Staff 1,114

So how many on this forum that ordered one has a student in those schools? :rolleyes:

You think it will go by the way of Millenicom after Verizon finds out all the non student parents getting it.

Verizon Plans

• 4GB $30.00
  • 6GB $40.00
  • 8GB $50.00
  • 10GB $60.00
  • 12GB $70.00
  • 14GB $80.00

Yes I see where you are going with this but also...when ordering it says:

Welcome to the OmniLynx™ Ordering System. Please complete the following order form to request a device.

Due to the large amount of orders received, our devices are currently on backorder.

We anticipate reopening for orders Monday morning.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Select which of the following applies to you

Huntsville City Schools Employee

Huntsville City Schools Student/Family

General Public

As you can see we all fall under the "General Public"...
I am sure Verizon is aware that HCS has offered this up to the general public hoping that communities such as ours don't "See" it.
Also the article linked was from January of this year and they just made this available to the " General Public" within the last 45 days from what I gathered when I spoke to customer service.

Alan & Andi

2016 Dodge Ram 3500 dually 4x4

2012 Toyota Camry ( Andi's follow car)

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 ( Business Truck)

2009 Wilderness Travel Trailer

OH!! I already have my order in. :)

Charge is pending on my CC now. Got ordered before they closed it again. :lol:

If it works good. It may be the end of my DataStorm Hughes.net

I have had it on vacation since May and have got along with campground Wi-Fi with good speed.

Or if slow my Straight Talk hot spot has worked so far. And if I have good service the rest of the way home by the 25th.

The Omni should be waiting for me there to find out if it will work at my winter spot.

I also have unlimited data on my iPhone 6 Plus(Sprint), but it's not a hot spot.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Got my "Huntsville" Jetpack today. Ordered it on 8 Sept, #2457. So far so good. :D

I ordered on the 9th still no word yet. #2584. Hope to hear something soon. I see they still aren't taking orders so they must be overwhelmed.

Steve and Liz
2016 Newmar Ventana 4041 DP
2011 Ford Edge, Blue Ox Aventa Tow Bar

http://fulltimingit.com

OK. You folks have got me worrying. I ordered mine on the 8th of Sept. and have not yet received it. Where did you get the numbers you are posting? Did you receive some sort of order number? Thanks. Dennis

On Edit: Never mind I found it ----- #2393! Thanks anyway. D.

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

I also ordered on the 8th, and my order number was included in both the subject line and the body of the acknowledgement email. FedEx says mine will be delivered today.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

fed ex just delivered mine. I ordered it on the 9th.

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

2261 Sept. 8. Got it FedEx today.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Archived