Allison shift pad lit up with engine off.

Jimalberta

Hi I am gonna ask on this site as well in case anyone has experienced this. Been driving all day and got to a Campground and I just noticed that my shift pad the the tranny is still lit up. I have no idea what to do...can anyone help?

Jim

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

I havent tried running the engine as it is dark and quiet here...dont want to wake up and piss off the neighbors. However I have never had this shift pad stay lit up before when the engine and ignition are off. I tried turning the ignition on and off a few times but that did not help.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

As Stekay says, disconnect the batteries for about 30 sec and reconnect. Make sure you remove all the negative cables large and small to ensure you cut power to the computers

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

Update....woke up and the touchpad still lit up, engine started ok and the tranny functioned normally all day. Stopped for the night and the touchpad stayed lit up...for a while....it is now off. Wierd....oh well. Not gonna argue with a positive outcome.

If it happens again ....someone suggested the chassis disconnect....its worth a try....cheers

Guest THE TRAILERKING

Do you still have anything plugged into your trailer light plug when this is happening? I ask this because when I pull my car dolly and leave it plugged in, I get 12v feed back from the small emergency braking battery on the dolly. It will back feed through the plug to the coach and cause my power step to not function properly. I unplug the dolly and all works fine.

Archived