ONAN QD7500 Generator problems!

Guest THE TRAILERKING

Guest THE TRAILERKING

Seems like my 300-6058-02 inverter controller is fried. Gives out a "code 46" after 6-7 inches of rain(was not running at the time) but now will not start, dead at the control switches.

Inverter searches show to be about $1,800.00 and up. Anyone have a line on these?

There was a thread either here or on the rv.net where someone sent one out to be repaired at a cost of about $250. When mine went I paid the 1700 for the new inverter.

Steve and Joy

Amateur Radio Operator WZ1T . . .  Flex 6600 M,  Flex PGXL, Flex TGXL, 

2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . Lincoln MKX Toad

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

This comes from the Onan operator's manual....

INVERTER POWER SUPPLY FAULT—CODE NO. 46
(Low battery voltage or power supply device failure)
Corrective Action:
1. Avoid
running the genset while cranking the vehicle engine in installations where the genset batteries
are used to supplement the vehicle engine batteries.
2. Clean and tighten the positive (+) and negative (−) battery cable connections at the battery, vehicle frame and genset (Page 16).
3. Recharge or replace the battery. Refer to the battery manufacturer’s recommendations.
4. Install or service a battery charging system in the vehicle if the genset is not so equipped

If you do not have a copy, you can download a copy of the owner's manual from this link.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Guest THE TRAILERKING

INVERTER POWER SUPPLY FAULT—CODE NO. 46
(Low battery voltage or power supply device failure)

Yes I am aware of this info. I am ruling out the "Low Battery Voltage" and considering the "Power Supply Device Failure".

I put a controlor on my Onan 8000 diesel.... at 1400 hr.... $1600 from Onan. for my model. It would run but no out put power. Easy to replace.. once I got the generator on the bench....2 hours. Once I got to it you could see the HOT spot.. Tried to get fixed.... several places.. .. ended up new. better in the long run. Good luck OU812

• 1 month later...
Guest THE TRAILERKING

Well I ordered one from one of my suppliers for about $2,500.00. Be about two weeks from the manufacturer warehouse.

Our local Cummins Onan up here wanted about $3,200.00

Once get it I can put the generator back into "running mode".

• 2 weeks later...
Guest THE TRAILERKING

:wub: Well for those interested..................Just fired up the Genny with the newly installed "NEW" Inverter Controller. Works just like brand new again. :wub: .......For a generator that had less than 600hrs on it.

Now when re-install the Genny into the coach I will be doing a modification to deflect any rain water off the top of the Generator. A bad design from Fleetwood. All the rain comes off the roof. down the windshield, behind the cowl/hood,.........directly on the generator.

This is something anyone should do that has a similar unit like the American Dream and the Eagle.

Archived