MaximumSignal Update?

MNRon

Gord,

I have this antenna on my RV and since most of my coverage is on LTE here the spec on the 1700/2100 Band 4 frequency is -1.8dB and -2.6dB so was thinking of a wide band antenna with better specs. It is fine for our 3G 850/1900 (CDMA) +4.1dB and +5.1 dB. Do you have gain vs frequency spec's for your antenna's?

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gord,

I have this antenna on my RV and since most of my coverage is on LTE here the spec on the 1700/2100 Band 4 frequency is -1.8dB and -2.6dB so was thinking of a wide band antenna with better specs. It is fine for our 3G 850/1900 (CDMA) +4.1dB and +5.1 dB. Do you have gain vs frequency spec's for your antenna's?

New FCC rules Amplifiers can only be used with the antennas that were tested with at FCC . All amplifiers must be sold kitted with those said antennas. So I have no opinion on the subject . I will put my 13 inch mag mount against any antenna out there . It outperforms its specs . Just ask Jack Mayer. By the way our mag mount blows the doors off that antenna.

Keeping You Connected

Proud Commercial Member #129 http://www.maximumsignal.net/

No . Do not

OK is the trucker antenna I linked to the same as the antenna you are offering since it would save me a lot of work if I could use it. Also, FCC rules are not a concern here in Canada.

No do not sell Wilson products. None were tested by FCC with our product. By the way Industry Canada is adopting all the new rules That the FCC implemented . We do have our industry Canada approval as well.

Keeping You Connected

Another report without numbers.

I am boondocking at the side of a river in Idaho. I was here last October, same spot, and had to climb a hill to get my messages and call work. This time I am sitting in my RV with great reception.

This thing works.

Rich and Carol

2007 Dynamax DQ 340 XL

Thanks for the great reviews again . We should be shipping the car units in the next few weeks for those with smaller RV's ( you still will not have to be within 3 feet like others on the market). I will be sending one to the technomadia folks as soon as I can for their review as it will be more conducive to their wants , needs and desired setup.

Keeping You Connected

Another report without numbers.

I am boondocking at the side of a river in Idaho. I was here last October, same spot, and had to climb a hill to get my messages and call work. This time I am sitting in my RV with great reception.

This thing works.

Subjective reports are encouraging, but as expensive as this amplifier is, I'll have to wait for comparison under controlled conditions. fly2low, you could have a new cell tower near you or have gotten a new phone since last year. I am hoping the MaxSignal is the quantum leap it is claimed to be.

"There are No Experts, Do the Math!"

2014 Freightliner Cascadia DD16 600hp  1850ft-lb  18spd  3.31  260"wb
SpaceCraft S-470
SKP #131740

Gord, Please call me, I need some assistance, thanks 7 one 3 8 one 8 3234

Should have that straightened out . Remember everyone - Antenna placement and orientation is key . Please read over the quick start guide and download the full manual before starting your install.

Keeping You Connected

I don't have the 12-volt adapter in hand yet, but my mail forwarder tells me it's there, along with the promised surprises. I'll pick it up in a couple of days when we're back in the area. Thanks, Gord! :)

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Gord

A couple of thoughts.

1. I see where you are looking at modding the internal antenna. I would recommend offering it in white so it is not so conspicuous.

2. I was hoping there would be attachment points for 12 volt hook-up directly to the amp and therefore obviate the need for a 12 volt adapter.

Rich and Carol

2007 Dynamax DQ 340 XL

Gord

A couple of thoughts.

1. I see where you are looking at modding the internal antenna. I would recommend offering it in white so it is not so conspicuous.

2. I was hoping there would be attachment points for 12 volt hook-up directly to the amp and therefore obviate the need for a 12 volt adapter.

We will be looking at white for the antenna . The only way to do the direct wired is fused and even that is sketchy as too many people fried cyfre amps with sketchy wiring . Much more predictable this way.

Keeping You Connected

Gord,

Just received my kit and I should have time on Sunday to get it up and running I hope so barring any issues, it should be a piece of cake. If I use the 12V cigarette lighter adapter, i'll have to place one next to the unit which may be an issue. Is there any problems putting the interior antenna next to other electronics, like an LED TV or are there issues placing it closer to the exterior door say versus the middle of the coach (from side to side that is). I would presume that the affected radius is around 25ft or so from the interior antenna in order to claim you can cover the entire motorhome. That being said, It shouldn't matter if it's closer towards curb side rather than street side. In fact, I would think it would be more desirable as you would take more advantage of it around your campsite and under your awning(s) outside.

+1 on making the interior antenna "White. Will it affect the signal if I rattle can it white?? It wouldn't be too hard to do that. Also, I'm going to have to put it in somewhat of an "inconspicuous place". My ceilings are around 6'8" at the tallest point and the interior antenna is about 3-3/4" so pointing it straight down, anywhere in a walking path will definitely be noticeable. If you're tall, you might even graze it. I'm 6'1" so I'll probably miss it, but I know I'll hate to see this thing in the middle of a walkway every-time I go by.

Gord,

Just received my kit and I should have time on Sunday to get it up and running I hope so barring any issues, it should be a piece of cake. If I use the 12V cigarette lighter adapter, i'll have to place one next to the unit which may be an issue. Is there any problems putting the interior antenna next to other electronics, like an LED TV or are there issues placing it closer to the exterior door say versus the middle of the coach (from side to side that is). I would presume that the affected radius is around 25ft or so from the interior antenna in order to claim you can cover the entire motorhome. That being said, It shouldn't matter if it's closer towards curb side rather than street side. In fact, I would think it would be more desirable as you would take more advantage of it around your campsite and under your awning(s) outside.

+1 on making the interior antenna "White. Will it affect the signal if I rattle can it white?? It wouldn't be too hard to do that. Also, I'm going to have to put it in somewhat of an "inconspicuous place". My ceilings are around 6'8" at the tallest point and the interior antenna is about 3-3/4" so pointing it straight down, anywhere in a walking path will definitely be noticeable. If you're tall, you might even graze it. I'm 6'1" so I'll probably miss it, but I know I'll hate to see this thing in the middle of a walkway every-time I go by.

You can spray the antenna white whit non metallic paint. For proper performance and coverage the antenna should be close to the middle of the rv if rv is over 30feet. You should have the antenna a foot from otrher electronics as all devices emit RF and to close could effect performance in a negative way

Keeping You Connected

You can spray the antenna white whit non metallic paint. For proper performance and coverage the antenna should be close to the middle of the rv if rv is over 30feet. You should have the antenna a foot from otrher electronics as all devices emit RF and to close could effect performance in a negative way

Perfect, they have plastic paint that should be non-metallic. My point on the positioning was keeping it somewhat hidden without it being in a direct traffic area. I have a mid-entry door curb side (passenger side) that's about mid-way from front to back. The RV is right at 35-36 ft. total. There's a nice out of the way space by that door away from other electronics and "out of harms way" where I could hang this, however, it is not centered in the 8 ft. space from left to right (looking at the coach from the front of the coach inward). It will exist about 15-18 ft. away from the external antenna and about 4-5 ft. away from where the amp will sit. I think it should work, just wanted to clarify. Thanks

Perfect, they have plastic paint that should be non-metallic. My point on the positioning was keeping it somewhat hidden without it being in a direct traffic area. I have a mid-entry door curb side (passenger side) that's about mid-way from front to back. The RV is right at 35-36 ft. total. There's a nice out of the way space by that door away from other electronics and "out of harms way" where I could hang this, however, it is not centered in the 8 ft. space from left to right (looking at the coach from the front of the coach inward). It will exist about 15-18 ft. away from the external antenna and about 4-5 ft. away from where the amp will sit. I think it should work, just wanted to clarify. Thanks

Hidden will adversely effect performance . RF signal cannot travel properly if you don't place in open area around the center of the RV . I don't write the laws of radio waves only bend them a bit.Up to you I cannot guarantee performance

Keeping You Connected

Hidden will adversely effect performance . RF signal cannot travel properly if you don't place in open area around the center of the RV . I don't write the laws of radio waves only bend them a bit.Up to you I cannot guarantee performance

Our inside antenna is effectively "hidden" from the bedroom end of the coach by a couple layers of thin RV paneling, but the effect on the signal levels is a minimal 1-2dB. Even outside in the patio area there's only a 2-3dB drop until about 10' out. The drop off may be more significant in weaker signal areas, but we haven't been stationary enough in those areas yet to do any checking. In the photo, the living area is to the left and the bedroom to the right. The patio area would be behind the photo.

4V2MSTwl.jpg

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Gord, I received my kit today and installed it. Sadly, it does not seem to be working. I am in a marginal Verizon area where I get spotty 3G service without any amplifier. I've been here for several months and have been using a Wilson cradle that gives me a very decent 4G signal, but of course requires leaving my phone in the cradle. I was really looking forward to not needing to do that and being able to use both my Samsung S4 and my wife's S7 at the same time. My S4 has unlimited data and I use it as a hotspot for all our internet needs.

I used the same magnetic cookie sheet base plate for the Max-Amp magnetic antenna as I have been using for the Wilson magnetic antenna. Of course I removed the other antenna and powered that amp off. All the required separation is exceeded significantly.There is about 20 feet of horizontal and 3 feet of vertical separation. The green light comes on immediately upon plugging it in but there is absolutely no difference in dBm regardless of whether I stand directly under the interior antenna or 20 feet away. There is no change whether the amp is powered on or not. I get the same poor 3G signal and approximately -100dBm. Neither phone will acquire a 4G signal like they will if I place them in the Wilson cradle.

Obviously something is not working correctly. What do I need to do?

2000 Volvo 770, 500HP/1650FP Cummins N14 and 10 Speed Autoshift 3.58 Rear 202" WB, 2002 Teton Aspen Royal 43 Foot, Burgman 650 Scooter

Out of curiosity, try taking the phone and holding it very close to the antenna. Do you see a large signal difference? If so, that should convince you that something is, indeed, working.

As I've previously posted the only evidence that I have that the amplifier is doing anything is confined to a region within 6 inches of the indoor antenna. I've chalked that off to the fact that I'm in a -100 dB signal area and the amp has "decided" that I don't need a stronger signal, but I'm still a bit surprised that the signal isn't being amplified to at least the -90dB range. I wonder if you're experiencing the same thing I am.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Gord, I received my kit today and installed it. Sadly, it does not seem to be working. I am in a marginal Verizon area where I get spotty 3G service without any amplifier. I've been here for several months and have been using a Wilson cradle that gives me a very decent 4G signal, but of course requires leaving my phone in the cradle. I was really looking forward to not needing to do that and being able to use both my Samsung S4 and my wife's S7 at the same time. My S4 has unlimited data and I use it as a hotspot for all our internet needs.

I used the same magnetic cookie sheet base plate for the Max-Amp magnetic antenna as I have been using for the Wilson magnetic antenna. Of course I removed the other antenna and powered that amp off. All the required separation is exceeded significantly.There is about 20 feet of horizontal and 3 feet of vertical separation. The green light comes on immediately upon plugging it in but there is absolutely no difference in dBm regardless of whether I stand directly under the interior antenna or 20 feet away. There is no change whether the amp is powered on or not. I get the same poor 3G signal and approximately -100dBm. Neither phone will acquire a 4G signal like they will if I place them in the Wilson cradle.

Obviously something is not working correctly. What do I need

Every amplifier has been tested by by my engineers so The amplifier is not the problem . Do you have the antennas mounted as advised . Outside on the roof , Inside mounted on ceiling facing down to the floor?

Keeping You Connected

Yes, the antennas are both mounted correctly, and no, I see no change whatsoever regardless of how close or far away I hold the phone from the downward pointing ceiling antenna. This morning the signal strength is bouncing between -100 dBm and -120 dBm. and occasionally the phone falls back to 1x. Remember that I am able to acquire a good 4G signal here with the Wilson Cradle and the exterior antenna in the exact same spot. Obviously something is not right.

2000 Volvo 770, 500HP/1650FP Cummins N14 and 10 Speed Autoshift 3.58 Rear 202" WB, 2002 Teton Aspen Royal 43 Foot, Burgman 650 Scooter

Archived