MNRon

MaximumSignal Update?

The Mobley uses a micro SIM that fits the Unite Explore (815s), Unite Express (779s), and Unite Pro (781s) as is, and the Unite (770s) with a micro to standard SIM adapter. The AT&T/Netgear Unites do not need to be unlocked to use them with the Mobley SIM.

The Unite Explore (815s) is the best choice at this point, since it supports the newer bands 29 & 30. The 770s does not, and I'm not sure about the Pro or Express.

Edited by Dutch_12078

Off topic, but I am thinking of getting getting a Netgear DC112A Smart Cradle.  As I just bought an Explore 815s. From what I have read it will boost my cellular signal and give me a stronger internal WiFi signal.  Is this true?  I have one seller on one saying that the newer ones are better then and older DC112a.  Is this true?  The only difference I would think is the firm ware it is running.  Thanks for the tips and advice.  

Just for my info, since I haven't been following this thread much... what benefit would I get to using a Unite 815S with my Mobley SIM versus using a stock Mobley ZTE and WFRanger Go as a router?  Is this a duplication or are there definite benefits?

Thanks,

John

24 minutes ago, John Laninga said:

Just for my info, since I haven't been following this thread much... what benefit would I get to using a Unite 815S with my Mobley SIM versus using a stock Mobley ZTE and WFRanger Go as a router?  Is this a duplication or are there definite benefits?

Thanks,

John

John, just read the page before your past asking.  It was just stated.  But in a nut shell it can work on several other bands that the Mobley can not.  Speeds are about doubled on the average.

Rynosback, all I really asked was if there were enough benefits to switch from my Mobley/WFRanger system to a Unite Explore system to spend another $130 or so on buying the Explore.  And in so doing stop using my Mobley/ranger setup.

John

6 hours ago, John Laninga said:

Rynosback, all I really asked was if there were enough benefits to switch from my Mobley/WFRanger system to a Unite Explore system to spend another $130 or so on buying the Explore.  And in so doing stop using my Mobley/ranger setup.

John

That is a tough question as there are a ton of things that can effect cell phone signals. But in a nut shell the 850 has 6 more bands and can also broadcast in 2.4 and 5 ghz where the Mobley can not.

so in most places I would say you would see an increase in bars and speeds.  Below are the specs of the two devices.

MOBLEY

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=363729&d=1512457678

UNITE EXPLORER 815s

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=363737&d=1512457700

I am also glad that your wifi Ranger is working for you as mine SUCKS and was a complete waste of money.

We have two Mobley's, and a Unite Explore. In areas with good coverage, the Mobley will provide very adequate data speeds, but never perform as fast as the Unite Explore's MIMO and as mentioned alternative bands, will do. 

In marginal coverage areas, the Unite Explore is the unit we go to because it it's superior antennas. (Note: This is without using either our Cellular Amp, and or our Rooftop MobileMark MIMO antenna.)

In weak signals reas, the Unite Explore with above mentioned MobileMark Rooftop antennas leads plugged into it's ports - makes a weak signal useable. Many times, streaming useable.

In areas with a sniff of a signal, the Maximum Signal Amp allows whatever device I choose, to at least get us out to the internet for casual surfing. 

Is it worth buying and using over the Mobley? Depends greatly on your areas of travel and signal strength. If buying now, and not in a rush, I'd probably wait for a sell and grab either the Unite Explore or Nighthawk. 

$.02:)!

Smitty

On 12/4/2017 at 7:04 PM, John Laninga said:

John

John,

I just received my Explorer 815s.  Attached is a pic of speed test results.  The newest two are with the Explorer 815s and the others are with the Mobley.  There is a HUGE difference at least here.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=363841&d=1512617412

5 minutes ago, John Laninga said:

Thanks for that speed check, looks good.  So all I do is buy the 815s, remove the SIM from my Mobley and install it in the 815s?  

==John

Edited by rynosback

3 minutes ago, John Laninga said:

Thanks for that speed check, looks good.  So all I do is buy the 815s, remove the SIM from my Mobley and install it in the 815s?  

==John

Yes.  I did a manual update when I first powered it up also

I got my 815S yesterday. Moved the sim and speeds at my present location is running the same or a little faster. Around 4-9Mbps.

Only problem I am having is I can't get it to connect to my WiFiRanger. It connects to my Desktop, Laptop, iPhone and iPad Air with no problem.

Even rebooting the PC or WiFiRanger doesn't help.

The ranger control panel ask for the 815S password and then goes through many Associating numbers but doesn't connect.
Then I click connect again it does the same and then says NO WPA Password or Check Password.
And the password is there in it.

The Mobley connected to the WiFiRanger for over 10 months without a problem. It's really frustrating after a few hours trying everything for it to connect.

On 12/4/2017 at 7:04 PM, John Laninga said:

John

John, if you are not in a hurry, just buy one on EBay.  The one I just bought was from there.  Brand new with everything that came with it for $89 shipped.

5 hours ago, Biker56 said:

I got my 815S yesterday. Moved the sim and speeds at my present location is running the same or a little faster. Around 4-9Mbps.

Only problem I am having is I can't get it to connect to my WiFiRanger. It connects to my Desktop, Laptop, iPhone and iPad Air with no problem.

Even rebooting the PC or WiFiRanger doesn't help.

The ranger control panel ask for the 815S password and then goes through many Associating numbers but doesn't connect.
Then I click connect again it does the same and then says NO WPA Password or Check Password.
And the password is there in it.

The Mobley connected to the WiFiRanger for over 10 months without a problem. It's really frustrating after a few hours trying everything for it to connect.

????? I am going to call them again.  My WiFi Ranger is a piece of sh@t.  I ordered the 5ver with it.  They never installed it from the factory.  1 year later I had it installed.  It was bad.  Had it replaced a year later at N/C and still does not work.  It turns off and on for no reason.  SO GLAD that I got the Mobley as I could not rely on the junk ranger. If I had to do it all over again, I would not have optioned it.

1 hour ago, rynosback said:

My WiFi Ranger is a piece of sh@t.  I ordered the 5ver with it.  They never installed it from the factory.  1 year later I had it installed.  It was bad.  Had it replaced a year later at N/C and still does not work.  It turns off and on for no reason.  SO GLAD that I got the Mobley as I could not rely on the junk ranger.

I'm sorry that you are having difficulties with your WiFiRanger.  If the router is turning on and off for no reason it sounds as if there is a physical connection problem that may not have anything to do with the Ranger itself.  Is that the primary problem you are experiencing or are there other issues?  You said that the device was not installed at the factory; who did your installation?

Do you have any idea what firmware version you are currently running.  There have been several updates in the past year which would improve the operational performance.

Feel free to contact me via PM if you would like some assistance with your Ranger.  We would be happy to work with you to get the device working to your satisfaction.  Or, if you would prefer, we would be willing to refund what you paid for the WFR; simply forward me a copy of your order.

Joel (AKA docj)

Edited by docj

After another 2-3 hours of trying to get the 815S working with the Ranger. I put the SIM back in the Mobley.
It connected to the WiFiRanger right away.

Now I have my Echo and Dot and Netatmo weather station working again. And the 3 Smart TV's on line.
I put the 815S in a storage place. Will have a spare if the Mobley quits working.

5 hours ago, docj said:

I'm sorry that you are having difficulties with your WiFiRanger.  If the router is turning on and off for no reason it sounds as if there is a physical connection problem that may not have anything to do with the Ranger itself.  Is that the primary problem you are experiencing or are there other issues?  You said that the device was not installed at the factory; who did your installation?

Do you have any idea what firmware version you are currently running.  There have been several updates in the past year which would improve the operational performance.

Feel free to contact me via PM if you would like some assistance with your Ranger.  We would be happy to work with you to get the device working to your satisfaction.  Or, if you would prefer, we would be willing to refund what you paid for the WFR; simply forward me a copy of your order.

Joel (AKA docj)

The first one installed was a dealer by the factory that was recommended by the manufacture.  DRV replaced it the 2nd time.

I would be glad to call you to see if we can get it working.  As I was wanting this option to help give me WiFi. 

Sending you a PM with my info.

Thanks

Edited by rynosback