MaximumSignal Update?

MNRon

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gord, how much performance difference is there between your mag mount and your trucker style antennas? Is there a link to the specs?

Depend how big your ground plane is . With 8 x 8 about equal . The bigger the ground plane the better mag mount performs

Keeping You Connected

Proud Commercial Member #129 http://www.maximumsignal.net/

That sounds good then, thanks! The ground plane on our coach roof is 12"x18", so the mag mount should be fine. Installing the inside antenna in the center of the coach will put it a couple of feet over the minimum separation spec. That should work fine!

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

More about ground plane:

I have a piece of magnetic Stainless Steel that the 13" Max. Signal magnetic antenna does stick to. Is this good for the ground plane or does it need to be ferrous material?

Thanks

Dave

Ferrous is best but if it sticks it will work

Keeping You Connected

The bigger the ground plane the better mag mount performs

As I understand it, the 12' minimum horizontal distance is to keep the antenna signals from "interfering" with each other. Does the size of the ground plane or type of antennal selected (mag v trucker) have a bearing on this "interference"?

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

As I understand it, the 12' minimum horizontal distance is to keep the antenna signals from "interfering" with each other. Does the size of the ground plane or type of antennal selected (mag v trucker) have a bearing on this "interference"?

The ground plane does not effect that. I would get as much separation as you can 12 feet is minimum before the amp turns itself off. The more you can get the better the performance

Keeping You Connected

So, the limitation on these pre packaged system seems to be the 3 dBi Gain antenna's what is your setup capable of in terms of total dBi Gain with the best case scenario with perfect ground plane?

The limitation is that it has to be the exact antennas used in the testing at the FCC labs. We paid extra to have tested with several of our antenna so we could offer a few options. . I sell my 13 inch Mag mount to the US Department of Agriculture . They connect it to Motorola M800 bag phone with the Antenna mounted on their Issued King Cab pick ups that their field agents use . They report 14 DB gain. This antenna dollars to performance is my best antenna . It is not that my other antennas under perform . This antenna over performs

Keeping You Connected

By The way. The FCC has now changed their testing standards to all new amplifiers being submitted for approval to how ours were tested. This costed us more money but this is what the carriers wanted . I will be glad to email it to technos that are interested . As a few carrier engineers have told my " None of our competitors will come close to passing under the new standards"

Keeping You Connected

More about ground plane:

I have a piece of magnetic Stainless Steel that the 13" Max. Signal magnetic antenna does stick to. Is this good for the ground plane or does it need to be ferrous material?

Thanks

Dave

Most people think it has to be ferrous metal but it does not. Of course, if you are dependent on the magnet to hold the antenna in place then it needs to be ferrous metal - but for the ground plane to function you only need some sort of metal to reflect the signal - it does not have to be ferrous.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

• 1 month later...

Waiting on cases . Have a bunch or RV boards tested and ready to go.

Boards, power supplies, antennas, cables, etc. are all on hand now? Cases are the only thing left to wait on?

Dutch

Thanks, Gord... Waiting as patiently as I can. I know you want to see them going out your door as much as we want to see them coming in ours! :D

Dutch

• 2 weeks later...

No waiting on a case company that has done nothing but screw with me and I do not have the time or money to go somewhere else

That's really disheartening, Gord. I know how much you really want to start getting boxes going out the door. I hope we all get some good news pretty soon!

Dutch

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the 10 article cases in from the injection molding company . Great news everything fit perfect . Should have the rest of the cases now in 2 weeks that we have approved these 10. Will be sending out a few to our bloggers and a few to a few of the first that ordered

Keeping You Connected

Gordon called today and said he was ready to ship, and was charged to the credit card. Looking forward to using it.

Good deal. Please keep us posted on how it performs for you.

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

Archived