Introduction and HDT Q's

ctgreg

Try to make it a rally where you can see, touch, measure, and drive an HDT. You may find as we did that we can use the HDT as a supersuper cab with an extra long bed for doing runs to the lumber yards, Walmarts, Malls and other places and we get more exercise when we do (park farther out). No need for a LGT (yes you will think of your current truck as a little girly truck after you get an HDT) any more.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Another possibility for you would be to carry a Jeep Wrangler. I train dogs as a hobby and routinely haul one or two German Shepherds around. When at home I use a Ford Expedition with a K9 insert and lots of room for two big dogs and gear.

When on the road with our Toy Hauler, I downsize to a Jeep Wrangler that has two wire dog crates in the back. That allows us to either carry dogs, or swap out the crates for a back seat to carry a couple two legged mutts.

The Wrangler is obviously not as spacious as the Expedition with K9 insert, but it still gets our mission accomplished. Something to ponder.

John

PS: Although we usually have German Shepherds with us while traveling, my wife did have a 185 pound Bull Mastiff who went with us for many years.

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

Archived