Nuwave Oven

accumack

How many are using a NuWave oven? I just got my NuWave pro plus oven on Friday and have used it twice (chicken and burgers) it doesn't heat up the kitchen. I love this thing. It is quick food comes out juicy.

After reading some reviews I was a little apprehensive. Ordered the new one with the yellow plastic dome seems the clear one sometimes crack the yellow one has a 3 year warranty and is a different plastic. I can't wait to get back on the road and use it in the RV.

2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.

I've had mine almost two years and use it almost daily. I love it. Between that and my instant pot - I've not used my stove top or convection oven but a couple times/year. Negative.... I can't seem to bake worth a darn in it. But on the bright side.... less sweets in the house.

I've had mine almost two years and use it almost daily. I love it. Between that and my instant pot - I've not used my stove top or convection oven but a couple times/year. Negative.... I can't seem to bake worth a darn in it. But on the bright side.... less sweets in the house.

Instant pot? Not sure what that is....

Jeff & Laurie

South Texas

Hounds: Auggie (beer drinking English Cocker Spaniel)

Angus (five pounds of bad azz chihuahua)

Homebase: 2015 Heartland 365 Key West -- The "Uno Mas"

The Office: 2016 Crossroads Hill Country 26RB

• 2 weeks later...

I have the nu wave induction cooker. I love that since it doesn't heat up the space and it just does a darn good job. But I was also apprehensive about the oven I saw advertised. I must have read the same reviews, because everyone was complaining about the dome cracking, and that nu-wave wasn't doing anything to recompense. I did not know they have now come out with a different plastic in the dome. Do you know how it does on battery draw? or do you only use it with shore power? THX! Leslie

I had a TV around here, a black and white job, but after I built it, I lost interest. Heinlein.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my wife 2 of them, one for MH, other for house. Turns out I use them more than she. Almost foolproof to cook a beef roast.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Interesting. We got Pam a Breville oven last year after having seen some long discussions of them on these forums. Different type of operation, but Pam is happy with it so I am too! It does look interesting.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Do you know how it does on battery draw? or do you only use it with shore power? THX! Leslie

I looked into these once, but I didn't feel it was practical for my setup. It pulls around 40amps on battery. (Not taking into account the inverter overhead). Cooking anything of any size would take too big of a chunk for my taste. I know it goes against all "healthy living" conventions, but I also wasn't too fond of having all the juices and such ending up in the bottom of the oven doing their "air" cooking.

There used to be a google docs power consumption chart in Kw, but I can't seem to find it again.

Archived