HDT friendly RV Parks - Seattle to Banff to Calgary to St Mary's Glacier National Park

budeneighe

The Montana KOA's look to be HDT friendly, but I cannot substantiate that, and there are many just south of St Mary. And unless you have a specific reason to stay in St mary (family etc) I would recommend heading further south towards Whitefish or Columbia Falls as there is very little other than beautiful scenery around St Mary.

St Mary's KOA is a bit tight but very nice. Images show our 42 foot Cyclone.

https://goo.gl/photos/6fibkbtU7tnR6Mbx9

https://goo.gl/photos/w9hVpPZz3kQBY3ot6

2007 2L Freightliner Century Condo, 14.0L Detroit, QD 6000
2013 Space Craft

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geo,

Best have your ducks in row when you attempt the ferry crossing to YYJ. The ticket agent had no idea of what to charge but after presenting him with the doc provided me by Head orfice of BCF, he let me thru at the discounted RV rate for the 7am sailing. They made a copy and the agent asked his immediate superior plus the GM to come out to talk to me re your and others upcoming crossings but they declined. Hence, nothing has changed.

His words were others in like rigs can expect the same treatment I got last year. He knew exactly who last years problem agent was adding she causes a lot of trouble.

Soooo, it would be a good idea to start the line of communication with head office in Victoria, providing them with pics, make, model, length of rig. Also estimated date of travel to add a sense of urgency to the communication timeline. If not you can expect to hold up things at the booth and if worst comes to worst, pay full blown Commercial rates. This trip was $167.00. The BCF contact persons name is at the bottom of the doc.

A copy or scan of the doc provided me by BCF can be forwarded to you and the other poster from Las Vegas I think. If you don't get a doc from BCF, mine may help as our rigs are similar.

Roger

Thanks Roger. Does your registration say "motor home"? Mine does and that has settled the issue in the past. If you could email me a copy of your letter that would be great!!

Thanks.

Geo

George,
Suzuki Celerio 998cc

Yamaha NMAX scooter

Work ride is Western Star N2 Tri-Tri tanker at 56,500kg loaded

Thanks Roger. Does your registration say "motor home"? Mine does and that has settled the issue in the past. If you could email me a copy of your letter that would be great!!

Thanks.

Geo

I hear you but went thru that a year ago, at that time, registration said "truck", insurance said "recreational vehicle" 5th wheel plate was obviously not Commercial, add to that the decal on the side saying "Private RV Not for hire"....it didn't matter. In her eyes it was a semi tractor so that meant only one thing in her little brain...Commercial.

Not on car deck at the moment but will get you info later today when trailer is back in your yard hooked up to power.

Trust me, these people do not think outside the box. They will infuriate you.

R

Budd,

Camperland is a swanky place, located in the Bridal Falls area just west of Hope. River is on the left, campgrounds on the right. I took spot #1 and jackknifed the trailer in and stayed hooked up. There are pull thrus long enough for the longest rig, 30 amps and 10' Juniper hedges b/w pads, store with booze, pool and multi Jacuzzis, one for over 18 only. 60 bucks.

Can't speak to the place on your list.

Roger,

One other small detail that helps me is that Ontario registered motor homes do not have any weights on the registration. This also helps take the Volvo out of commercial.

Body style is MH, GVW is blank.

Geo

George,
Suzuki Celerio 998cc

Yamaha NMAX scooter

Have you been on BCF with your rig yet?

Whatever you say but you will be greeted with the deer in the headlights look.

I'd suggest you print off a pic of my truck and the doc and show both to the ticket agent.

I didn't have gvw either.....Didn't matter to ticket agent.

Ill send info.

I will definitely do that Roger. The rig has been across twice, most recent about 2 years ago. We got deer in the headlights but persevered. I think they are perhaps stricter now.

George,
Suzuki Celerio 998cc

Yamaha NMAX scooter

Archived